Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

VW Golf R

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
VW Golf R

TS,

Just got back from the dealership --- got a little info from the guy and picked up a brochure --- HOLY MOLY i want this car!!! Anyone else really feeling it too?

I think the 2 door in blue - every option - lightly tinted windows and perhaps a slight drop would be an awesome car.

What are your thoughts?

Pearlcoupeg35

Old 07-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
I've had an R32 and want this one as well but I doubt I'm going to pick this one up this year.

Do want to test drive when it's available though

Old 07-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by .:Raul
I've had an R32 and want this one as well but I doubt I'm going to pick this one up this year.

Do want to test drive when it's available though
Ye man, i actually went there asking about an R32 and the guy was like "its called the R now" --- ok? So i listened and it sounds exactly like an R32 (which is a great thing). I might order one.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
You on drugs?

You're not a teenager, asian or a geek. I have a base model GTI for a DD but wouldn't spend more than 15k on one, not worth it.

Last edited by LABrit; 07-03-2011 at 12:08 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Ye man, i actually went there asking about an R32 and the guy was like "its called the R now" --- ok? So i listened and it sounds exactly like an R32 (which is a great thing). I might order one.
i don't see how it can sound like an R32 as it is a 2.0T, vs a 3.2 VR6 (also found in my car).

it also uses the older version 2.0T (FSI instead of newer TSI)

Old 07-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by LABrit
You on drugs?

You're not a teenager, asian or a geek. I have a base model GTI for a DD but wouldn't spend more than 15k on one, not worth it.
LOL.....i hear you man, but a Golf R would make a nice daily no? A base GTI is just too boring for me.

Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut
i don't see how it can sound like an R32 as it is a 2.0T, vs a 3.2 VR6 (also found in my car).

it also uses the older version 2.0T (FSI instead of newer TSI)
You dont see how an AWD Limited Edition Golf sounds like the AWD Limited Edition R32? Obv the motors are not the same but the exterior, interior bits, center exhaust, limited edition, awd, etc all make them very similar to me. That being said - i am not a huge VW guy so maybe i am overlooking some other stuff?

Old 07-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!

You dont see how an AWD Limited Edition Golf sounds like the AWD Limited Edition R32? Obv the motors are not the same but the exterior, interior bits, center exhaust, limited edition, awd, etc all make them very similar to me. That being said - i am not a huge VW guy so maybe i am overlooking some other stuff?
lol i thought you were talking about engine sound

for the rest, yes its the same R model released every 4 years in NA ('04, '08,'12), they just couldnt call it R32 anymore.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut
lol i thought you were talking about engine sound

for the rest, yes its the same R model released every 4 years in NA ('04, '08,'12), they just couldnt call it R32 anymore.

They can call it whatever they want as long as its Blue or white and in my driveway

Old 07-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
LOL.....i hear you man, but a Golf R would make a nice daily no? A base GTI is just too boring for me.

Tbh i've only done about 500 miles in it, i got bored and gave it to an employee and DD the LP560.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by LABrit
Tbh i've only done about 500 miles in it, i got bored and gave it to an employee and DD the LP560.
Wise Man!!

Quick Reply: VW Golf R