Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

My VW MkV R32

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
famoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to behold
My VW MkV R32

Had this car coming up to 4 years now, and am due to change it this June. Have loved owning this car but have had a lot of problems with it, notably crack in the engine block and 2 failed cylinders for over 2 years which VW were to incompetent to find - luckily they did eventually. I don't drive it that much and try to keep it in very good condition.

This is the 2nd car I've owned and am looking forward to getting something with a bit more power.

Thanks!

Old 11-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Great pics. Bummer about the problems.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
kraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud of
Great and very underrated car, I loved mine.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
famoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to behold
Thanks, they are great cars.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
That number plate must've cost a mint! It's a beautiful car. Why not go for a Golf R?

In all honesty, a car like the R32/GTI/Golf R are all you need. Anything more is a recipe for tickets, high insurance, etc. I wish I didn't have the bug for an RS5 and Cayman Clubsport so bad, otherwise I'd just stick to my GTI and enjoy it.

Good luck with whatever's next!

Old 11-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
That number plate must've cost a mint! It's a beautiful car. Why not go for a Golf R?

In all honesty, a car like the R32/GTI/Golf R are all you need. Anything more is a recipe for tickets, high insurance, etc. I wish I didn't have the bug for an RS5 and Cayman Clubsport so bad, otherwise I'd just stick to my GTI and enjoy it.

Good luck with whatever's next!
Thank you! Numberplate was only about £750, is actually just D7 and my initials. Golf R is nice but have had such experience with VW I would never buy one again. Plus the fact a Golf R with the same spec as my R32 is around £40k or $64k - doesn't really reflect value for money.

I have my eye on an R8 or GTR but I'll have to wait and see when the time comes.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome car. Love it.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Teamspeed Member
depthofshine is on a distinguished roaddepthofshine is on a distinguished roaddepthofshine is on a distinguished roaddepthofshine is on a distinguished roaddepthofshine is on a distinguished roaddepthofshine is on a distinguished road
nice car great sounding V6 but a littele underpowered, you need a turbo and at least 400hp. Perfect everyday car.

This Holset is on my friends 2.9 corrado.

Attached Images