Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Silver State Classic Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Silver State Classic Challenge

When I was a kid one of my fave videos to watch was a cheesy VHS tape that covered the 1991 Silver State Classic Challenge. For those versed in the event, that was the year that R.J. Gottlieb won overall in his "Big Red" Z28 Camaro, Larry and Jean Bartschi cut a tire and crashed their Testarossa (Jean later died) while Pat Cole drove by in his own Testarossa, etc.

I have since lost the copy of the tape, but I was wondering if this was available online somewhere? Surely it's out there.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Bump?

Old 08-31-2010, 08:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I used to watch that video too! I might have a copy at my parents house. I'll check with them this week and get back to you if I find it.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:31 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud ofLandspeedJennifer has much to be proud of
If all else fails, you can always go here,
Homepage Main Menu: Flat Out On A Public Highway! (home.htm)

Old 05-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bumping this from long ago - would really like to relive a bit of my childhood if anyone knows where to find a copy. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Chiming in due to genuine curiousity as it sounds like an awesome vid! If people find it, can make it, I'd be interested!!!

Old 05-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Have you searched streetfire.net?

Old 05-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
Have you searched streetfire.net?
Good idea, but nothing.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:51 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Dave A is an unknown quantity at this point
I think you are referring to the 1989 race in which Jean Bartschi died when the car she was navigating crashed because of a blown tire? There is a video online that is about 57 minutes in length that covers the 1989 Silver State Challenge. Larry and Jean Bartschi were interviewed prior to starting down the course. The interview is at about the fifteen minute mark.

Old 08-26-2014, 06:21 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Texarkana is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Originally Posted by Guest
When I was a kid one of my fave videos to watch was a cheesy VHS tape that covered the 1991 Silver State Classic Challenge. For those versed in the event, that was the year that R.J. Gottlieb won overall in his "Big Red" Z28 Camaro, Larry and Jean Bartschi cut a tire and crashed their Testarossa (Jean later died) while Pat Cole drove by in his own Testarossa, etc.

I have since lost the copy of the tape, but I was wondering if this was available online somewhere? Surely it's out there.
1989 Silver State Classic 'The Real Cannonball Run' - i still have this on VHS - Loved it and spent a LOT of time watching it 20 years ago. Dug it out the other day (along with a video recorder and a scart lead) after seeing something recently about R.J and Big Red - he is still racing! Had searched for it online before with no luck, good job i found the VHS! Anyway this time i googled it to see who else is still racing i have found it on youtube - http: //www. youtube. com /watch?v=e-PFfwxR3SQ (take out the spaces) so to you and anyone else who wants to check it out, enjoy!