Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

RACE THE BASE - my quest for 200 mph, legally

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
RACE THE BASE - my quest for 200 mph, legally

So, we went up to Cold Lake, Alberta for a little event promoted by ZR Auto as “Race the Base” where we got to run the cars flat out on one of Canada’s LONGEST runways, 12,600 feet (2.4 miles).

Dominic ran his 900 RWHP pulley tune (and 150 shot Nitrous) Ford GT to 344 kph. Mind you, those speeds were lasered 2000 ft BEFORE the lift zone, so those of us who were still accelerating ended up going a LOT faster than the laser posted speeds. I wouldn’t be surprised if Dom’s speed was actually closer to ~365 or 370kph at the lift point. But overall, it was a terrific event. The military was so accommodating, allowing us all onto their airstrip and involving us in lots of cool activities.

There were some really amazing cars there. Zahir’s Enzo converted to FXX specs by EDO out of Germany with 860hp, a Saleen S7 twin turbo, 2 gallardo heffner tt's, twin turbo Viper, twin turbo C6 Z06, twin supercharged 430, 4 Ford Gt's, one had a 3.4 whipple, 2 Murcielago’s, Mansory Aston, Spyker, SO many Ferrari’s and Lambos etc etc. there were about 80 cars that showed up for this event.

I got my car to 323 kph on the laser, so I MADE MY GOAL OF 200+ MPH!!! Plus my tach showed 6400+ in 5th gear at the lift zone, so probably 345kph (215mph) at the lift point. Wow. Such a great time. Oh, I’m pretty sure I was the fastest car there on 91 octane pump gas!!! By the way, ALL FOUR OF THE FORD GT's GOT OVER 312++ KPH!!! Awesome cars!!!

We got a rolling start because they didn't want us doing burnouts on the runway, but Zahir ran his Enzo against the CF18 on a standing start about 100 yards ahead of our start point. Made for a GREAT show and for a LOT of really great pictures!!! There were actually two Enzo's there, and the other Enzo ran 319. That MC12 is also heavily modded by Edo, and I was told it hit 320 on the lasers. Mel said she actually got to 325, and she's nice, so I believe her. :-)

Some pics from me and a few from flickr from a guy I met that was shooting.

Attached Images           

Last edited by Superfly; 09-05-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a great event and CONGRATS on hitting 200mph!

Old 08-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Former Sponsor
Jay@Tunerworks has a brilliant futureJay@Tunerworks has a brilliant futureJay@Tunerworks has a brilliant futureJay@Tunerworks has a brilliant futureJay@Tunerworks has a brilliant futureJay@Tunerworks has a brilliant futureJay@Tunerworks has a brilliant futureJay@Tunerworks has a brilliant futureJay@Tunerworks has a brilliant futureJay@Tunerworks has a brilliant futureJay@Tunerworks has a brilliant future
Congrats on the great run! Looks like you guys had a blast out there, definitely sounds like Dom enjoyed his drive up

Old 08-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
unbelievable that fxx converted enzo is insane!

Old 08-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Thats awesome, do you have any vids of the event?

Old 08-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Former Sponsor
Staff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really nice
Looks like it was a stunning event. I tried desperately to get Todd out there in our EVT1200 car and the Gumpert but schedules just wouldnt permit. Congrats to Zahir for putting on such a specatular event. Maybe next year we will be able to make it up there.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
That event sounds like so much fun! Congrats on hitting the big 2-0-0!

Post more pics of the girls driving awesome cars please!

Old 08-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on hitting 200.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GuessWho
Thats awesome, do you have any vids of the event?
There is some, gotta be edited first. I'm no good at that. I'll put up youtube links when they're up though.

Originally Posted by rodz@evoms
Looks like it was a stunning event. I tried desperately to get Todd out there in our EVT1200 car and the Gumpert but schedules just wouldnt permit. Congrats to Zahir for putting on such a specatular event. Maybe next year we will be able to make it up there.
Yeah, we heard EVOMS would be up there doing some tuning, so we were hoping that the EVT and Gumpert would be there. Bummer.

Originally Posted by Alzilla
That event sounds like so much fun! Congrats on hitting the big 2-0-0!

Post more pics of the girls driving awesome cars please!
Thanks to all for the congrats on 200. I'm still buzzing!!!

That's Shelby talking to me in front of her white SLS.

Brenda and her Ferrari. I think she got to 315 kph.

And one more of Mel before her top speed run.

Attached Images      
Old 08-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
So Pro... Are any of these girls single or have sisters?

Quick Reply: RACE THE BASE - my quest for 200 mph, legally