Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

London street..FULL of exotics..amazing

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 12:54 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
I stand corrected, you summed it up perfectly.
Thank you for understanding

sums my words perfectly,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nzu0...layer_embedded

Last edited by MeanMachine; 07-17-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Ok so I just actually watched the video, a few thoughts:

1) FAB 'design' makes some really ugly cars
2) Driving your gazillion $$$ hypercar around Knightsbridge at night isn't going to land you many hot chicks, the only people paying the cars any attention were adolescent boys
3) How do London coppers go about writing a car on ME plates a ticket since I assume most won't be fluent in Arabic? Or do they not even bother?

Old 07-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Thank you for understanding

sums my words perfectly,

YouTube - Murcièlago LP670-4 SV Launch Control + Slowmotion !!

Wow. I'm all for ostentatious displays of wealth (let's face it - that's the only reason anyone would buy a Veyron anway) but using launch control on a public road like that with pedestrians on the tarmac no less seems, I dunno, STUPID.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:09 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
Ok so I just actually watched the video, a few thoughts:

1) FAB 'design' makes some really ugly cars
2) Driving your gazillion $$$ hypercar around Knightsbridge at night isn't going to land you many hot chicks, the only people paying the cars any attention were adolescent boys
3) How do London coppers go about writing a car on ME plates a ticket since I assume most won't be fluent in Arabic? Or do they not even bother?
2) There is a 458 video out there, the guy exchanges numbers with the chicks whilst he is in his parked car.

3) I only saw them having the wheels locked by the thing they apply to the rims when you have an illegal parking attempt. ( Sorry I dont know what its called in english )

From an article, http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifest...op-up-oasis.do

Here comes a low-riding Lamborghini Murciélago with a matt black, Batmobile-spec paint job and a garish yellow leather interior. Two boys, no older than 20, both wearing gold sunglasses, sit inside pumping the stereo and the gas pedal. The engine makes a noise like a scalded rottweiler as it is jockeyed up to its parking position, two wheels on, two wheels off the pavement. I can't help noticing that it has no number plate on the front.

As if to upstage the Italian super-car, an even more super one rocks up — a £1 million Bugatti Veyron. Every inch of its bodywork has been gold-plated.

Three vehicles behind is another Veyron. This one is white with chromium wings. The driver gets out — he is about 25 and dressed like an off-duty Lewis Hamilton. I compliment him on his car and ask him how he got it over to London. “In my plane!” he says with a huge grin and hands the keys to a flunkey.

The live action game of Top Gear Top Trumps continues with a pearl-white, four-door Porsche Panamera. The Porsche parks in a “pay and display” bay, but its driver does neither. With a pip of his locking zapper he disappears into a Harrods side door.

Around the corner is a Rolls-Royce Phantom customised with a stainless steel bonnet. The number plate on this car is “1”. Later on, I will Google-search this vehicle and discover something quite extraordinary; a couple of years back the Dubai resident owner of this car paid out the sum of, wait for it, $14 million for the registration number alone ... just to be top dog, number one in Dubai.

Now an arrogantly long Maybach limousine painted in distinct orange and matt black arrives. The letters “RRR” are picked out on the vehicle's boot in a diamond-studded font. A handsome young man and his friend (or PA? or bodyguard?) apparently dressed for a night out at Movida — faded jeans, Hermès belt, Ralph Lauren polo shirt, pastel suede Hermès driving shoes and bronze tint aviators — roll out and head off into the dark green and brass of Harrods for some late-night shopping.

I talk to a parking warden in Basil Street who takes off his hat to reveal a sweaty forehead. How do you go about writing tickets to these guys? I ask. “It's impossible,” he says, showing me the computerised ticket machine he wears around his neck. “This thing only has numbers and letters on it. Their number plates just …” He tails off, struggling for the right word. “Look like squiggles?” I suggest. “Yeah. There are no keys on my machine for those.

This influx of super-rich holidaymakers and others attracted by such wealth has not pleased everyone. Last year, the Evening Standard reported how complaints from people living in the area adjacent to Ladurée had led to summertime tension. Beggars, drug deals and road rage-generated fist-fights were mentioned.

This year police have reacted by issuing an anti-social order around the busy café that lasts from April 1 to September 30; all summer long, basically. Now anyone creating a nuisance in a zone that extends from West Yeoman's Row, Lennox Gardens, Ovington Square, Brompton Road, Lowndes Square and Pont Street, can be removed, and rowdy, revving groups can be quickly dispersed.

Sorry but the way I see this its too "nouveau riche", really they are giving out the impressions as if they've seen money for the first time in their life.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 07-17-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
fat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond repute
so does everybody return home in August when Europe goes on vaction?

Old 07-17-2010, 06:34 PM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by fat cab
so does everybody return home in August when Europe goes on vaction?
yes late august early sept

Old 07-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Are they staying 2 months in London? 2Months, every day showing off at the Dorchester, that sounds like fun!(NOT!)

Old 07-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
fat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond reputefat cab has a reputation beyond repute
I have a cousin going to school in London for 2 years. Going to schedule my trip for early August!

Old 07-17-2010, 06:40 PM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by Turbofanatic
Are they staying 2 months in London? 2Months, every day showing off at the Dorchester, that sounds like fun!(NOT!)
Most likely or go down to Paris.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
popularity contest. why three R8's had to continuously round the street corners is beyond me...

Quick Reply: London street..FULL of exotics..amazing