Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

My Buddies Bad Ass 1987 Toyota 4Runner

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
My Buddies Bad Ass 1987 Toyota 4Runner

I found this truck on craiglist the other day in TN for sale. My buddy had been looking for a 1st Gen for a while now but didnt want a rusted out project. He loved it immediatly and we drove 9 hours 1 way to get it. It went through a mini restoration for a kid to drive through high school. It has all the trim and runs flawlessly. It has the 22re 4cyl that only has about 10K miles on it. Here are a few pics, figured there may be some Toyota guys on here that would appreciate it. The small wheels are the factory ones, he switched them out with some he had as soon as we got home.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Great find any plans to mod the 22RE ?

Old 07-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
AutoCritical is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh man, that looks neat as! Great job! My housemate is keen on these - doesn't stop talking about it..

Looking good! (*hint* 4runner decals!) haha

Old 07-02-2010, 01:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
Great bullet proof vehicles. I've owned several 4runners throughout the years (including right now). They make great daily drivers!

Old 07-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
An old friend of mine had one of these back in the day. This one looks very clean!

Old 07-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
That's awesome. I love the 4 Runner. I had a '96 4 Runner. I love that truck.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
wow 4 - 4 runners... Always was a fun car to drive around in... Nothing was cooler than the auto window in the back!

Old 07-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond repute
Nice truck. I would love to get an '85, last year with the solid front axle and one of the first years with efi.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
very cool, i have always been a fan of these. i have seen a couple of new ones and wow im impressed, to bad toyota sucks now