Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

BREAKING: Saleen, Inc. sells off most of its assets

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 04:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
BREAKING: Saleen, Inc. sells off most of its assets

Rumors have been swirling this past week about the potential sale of Saleen, Inc., just a few months after the company announced it would explore the sale of its operations. LA-based Hancock Park Associates, which purchased a majority of the business from Steve Saleen just a few years ago, had been recently running the company with just a few dozen employees to keep the business goingn until it could find a buyer. The sale is now finally official, with MJ Acquisitions purchasing a majority of the assets of the company including both the production car and aftermarket divisions. Other assets, including the S7, S5 Raptor and the paint operations remain with Saleen, Inc. Currently, all Saleen employees are officially out of a job, including CEO Chris Theodore, but MJ Acquisitions plans on hiring many of the workers including several that were previously laid off.

The new owners seem to be a good fit, already owning several automotive companies and benefiting from extensive experience in engineering and production related to performance vehicles. MJ Acquisitions' immediate plans include the development of the 2010 Mustang for the Racecraft brand as well as new Saleen models that will be introduced in the third quarter of 2009.

[Source: SOEC.org]

Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Steve is a great guy. He used to come to Cars & Coffee every week in a different S7. He always had cool stories. The shop they built in Irvine was a bold move. But I just couldn't see it surviving. I hope everything works out for them.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:46 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
that sucks!

Old 02-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Steve Saleen is lucky he got out when he did!

I really hope the S5 Raptor gets built. Aside from the new McLaren that's is being developed, the Raptor is perhaps the most exciting car to be released in the next year, imo.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
lager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond repute
Just last night I was wondering about Saleen. I haven't heard or seen anything about the S7 in quite a while. That's crystal ball creepy...

Old 03-05-2009, 12:06 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AlX Boi has much to be proud ofAlX Boi has much to be proud ofAlX Boi has much to be proud ofAlX Boi has much to be proud ofAlX Boi has much to be proud ofAlX Boi has much to be proud ofAlX Boi has much to be proud ofAlX Boi has much to be proud ofAlX Boi has much to be proud ofAlX Boi has much to be proud ofAlX Boi has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Barrister
Steve is a great guy. He used to come to Cars & Coffee every week in a different S7. He always had cool stories. The shop they built in Irvine was a bold move. But I just couldn't see it surviving. I hope everything works out for them.
I thought it was odd for them to leave show/test drive vehicles in the regular parking lot. I've stopped by a few times after the movies (in the same plaza) to take a gander. Security was not pleased.