Notices
Garage Forum Learn about Garage Flooring, Custom Cabinetry, Doors, Lifts, Wall Wraps & More.

Ceiling Height with a Lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
redjeeper is on a distinguished roadredjeeper is on a distinguished road
Ceiling Height with a Lift

I'm planning for a new house with a 4 car garage and need to know how high my ceiling should be to accommodate a lift.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
The taller the better. My new house has almost 15' ceilings in the garage, so it'll be a breeze. I imagine (depending on the vehicles), you'll need at least 10' to store two cars stacked (not SUVs).

Old 03-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
^^Holy shit. Chris is back.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Former Sponsor
RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!RoarkIndustrialSolutions You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I would recommend 12' at a minimum. I've worked with Bendpak for as low as a 10' ceiling. The guy had a Lambo and Lotus so both vehicles were pretty low. He opted against and was thinking about moving anyway. Chris' set up is sweet. I just don't know why the contractors put standard garage door tracks in there.