Notices
Garage Forum Learn about Garage Flooring, Custom Cabinetry, Doors, Lifts, Wall Wraps & More.

Need ideas for a new big garage

Old 06-30-2009, 12:55 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
i think that barn would look nice as a storage unit....i've recently added a 50x50 Hangar for some of my stuff and it's amazing how small even that feels.

I think with 80 cars this guy should post all the pics and we can tell him which to keep and which to sell to make his garage a little smaller

Old 06-30-2009, 02:13 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Mike, please keep this thread updated as your plans progress.

An idea I've had for my dream garage would be to have a shop area in the back with it's own entrance. It would be accessible from the main garage with a door that would separate the main garage/showroom from it.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Mike, this sounds absolutely incredible! I'd recommend more than a few lifts to help maximize the space as well as a loft area to hang out. I'll post more ideas as I think of them. Good luck!

Old 06-30-2009, 10:42 AM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
whitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond repute
Carrera Motors - Porsche Audi VW & BMW - Bend, Oregon - Club Carrera

This is a great building for car storage. There was a dagram of all floors somewhere on the website that included washbays and lounge areas.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
miboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond repute
nthimage

PM Isaac (nthimage) ....He has a friend with a 100+ car garage, and may be able to help you with some of these questions.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
STRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of light
Mike,
The Maserati museum in Italy (about 20 mins from Modena) has a beautiful interior unlike any car museum/storage garage I've seen. Maybe something like this with a dual level would make sense? Sorry I didn't take a pic of the outside. Guess this is an older thread, you're probably done by now?

Attached Images  
Old 11-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Teamspeed Member
FastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura about
make sure your flooring is durable and attractive, not raw concrete!, I think a barn type structure could work well. I have a T shaped barn on my farm, it is two typical gambrel roof barns stuck together, there is an absolute ton of room in the loft, if you were to use pre stressed concrete slabs as the upper floor you could use both up and down as space, the floor space on ours is roughly 7500 sq feet times that by two, and you would have 15000 square feet of floor space, in an atractive barn.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:55 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Make it look like the buildings that house the collection you recently posted mike. The richmont guys. That is a stunning design, and I like how they have separate buildings. What's the style of the house? Will the cars be away from the house?

Old 02-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Comprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Mike S
BigE - you should be my project manager! Yes it will have indoor washbays so one can still wash in winter or even at night! There will be a small workshop around the corner with a lift or two for the old cars I want to restore and for general maintenace. You took it a step further with the dyno and fuel pumps! I doubt I will do those, but I can always investigate the idea.
I am not sure where you are in the process but if you are going to have any drainage in the structure you have to account for the piping and exterior tank per code..

Old 02-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Mike -

To solve the dust/moisture issues, you can give the building positive pressure like a Navy ship. It is overpressured inside compared to outside, so when you open a door to go in, air actually is blowing out. No dust or other contaminants can get in since the air is flowing out. I am not sure of the civil application, but it would be a good solution.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need ideas for a new big garage