Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

MacBook Air gets the unboxing treatment

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 02:46 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post MacBook Air gets the unboxing treatment

Not that we'd expect any different but, in just two days after the first few shipping notices went out, we now have some of the first MacBook Air unboxing photos, which again show that thing is really thin (and the box isn't too pudgy either). What's more, the folks at Uneasy Silence who did the unboxing honors are also promising to benchmark the system shortly, although there shouldn't be too much surprise as to how it stacks up. Head on over after the break for a couple more pics, and hit up the read link below for the full show.

Attached Images    
Old 02-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
I was so close to purchasing that freakin thing, just because of the wow factor... that thing is freakin cool. Too bad I really wouldn't use it for work... just surfing the web, and picking up on nerdy chicks

Old 02-03-2008, 12:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
What are the pros and cons of the Air?

Old 02-03-2008, 12:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Carb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the rough
I am seriously considering getting this. I only use computers for interent browsing, itunes, ichat and iphoto. No photoshop, photo/video/music editing. So I think a basic or 1.8Ghz macbook air will fit my needs perfectly.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Carb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
What are the pros and cons of the Air?
Pro's:
EXTREMELY slim and sleek
great looks
ultra portable
LED backlit screen
multi-touch trackpad

Con's:
processor only up to 1.8Ghz
ram only up to 2GB
no replacable battery
only 1 usb ports
no firewire
no ethernet port (can buy a small adapter)
no optical drive (can purchase add on or use remote disk)

That's what I came up with, anything missing?

Old 02-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
CarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond repute
I've been hearing grumbling that the new keyboard isn't very friendly over extended typing sessions.

There is the use of a non-standard high-power USB port to power the external superdrive.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:20 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I currently use the same keyboard on the macbook air on my iMac. It is by FAR the bes t keyboard I have ever used and poses no problems for long periods.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
eshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond repute
The marketing folks over there sure did their homework on packaging design. Makes you feel like a kid again everytime you open an apple product no matter how much it costs

Old 02-05-2008, 12:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Phil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eshaun
The marketing folks over there sure did their homework on packaging design. Makes you feel like a kid again everytime you open an apple product no matter how much it costs
big second on that one Apple does know how to package product.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carb0n Fiber
Pro's:
EXTREMELY slim and sleek
great looks
ultra portable
LED backlit screen
multi-touch trackpad

Con's:
processor only up to 1.8Ghz
ram only up to 2GB
no replacable battery
only 1 usb ports
no firewire
no ethernet port (can buy a small adapter)
no optical drive (can purchase add on or use remote disk)
thats the only thing thats limiting to me. I can get a usb hub to deal with the 1 usb port, which would in turn take care of optical/Ethernet (even though Im on airport 99.9% of the time).

Apples love ram, and without the possibility to get up to 4 gb in 2 years time, Im going to have to pass.

Quick Reply: MacBook Air gets the unboxing treatment