Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
You guys need to quit playing ARCADE mode and get into GT mode. That's where you make money, the physics are more realistic, etc.

As far as money goes, I haven't found the one race that earns a big payday every time. In GT4, one of the easier races gave you a Toyota Rally Truck that you could sell for 250,000 credits. I'd do that race 10-20 times over and over, then cash in the millions of credits. I haven't found it in GT5 (nor have I found a way to clear the trophies so you can win bonus cars again). The most valuable car I've won was the FT-86 Concept, but I sold it to get the RUF BTR.

I'm just trying to clear all the levels - almost done with all beginner races except for the pre-'79 Japanese race. About halfway done with amateur races and I've knocked out 2-3 of the next tier (Professional?). The key is to also earn experience (through races and license tests) or you can't participate or buy higher-level cars.
Sounds like you're just slightly ahead of me. The only nice car I have so far is the McLaren F1 Stealth that GameStop gave me. I haven't sold anything yet and I keep blowing my money on modding shitty cars to kick ass in some of the niche races. I just bought a Delta Intregale to take it to the Amateur Italian Cup though.

I'm not having great luck with the Used Car Lot. I need a K-car and some vintage Jap and Euro cars but haven't had much luck there yet.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:44 PM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Just finished the B-license and played two VS games. One with the LP560-4 and one with the MP4-12C...both sound like vacuum cleaners, just slightly different

Old 11-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
and the freaking loading times are breaking my balls..

Old 11-26-2010, 01:53 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Finally got a silver trophy in the VW Topgear track.

Old 11-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't even touched arcade.

Haven't found how to clear trophies either. Maybe they took that feature out? Kind of a shame. Haven't won anything really fancy other than the Dome Zero. And a Granturismo S that I haven't touched.

Got pretty far with the SV, but got pwnd at LeMans against JGTC Supras.

Now I need to use shit cars for the lame beginner races.

Old 11-26-2010, 03:38 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
highly recommend the C63, what an amazing car. Best drifting car, love the nurburgring gp track, going sideways each corner.

Old 11-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
looks like i may have to pick up a ps3 + GT5 after all...

Old 11-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
highly recommend the C63, what an amazing car. Best drifting car, love the nurburgring gp track, going sideways each corner.

I think you just play with the cars you love in real life.

Old 11-26-2010, 04:36 PM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by Ced

I think you just play with the cars you love in real life.
Spot on

Old 11-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I'm up to the International B license now... The final test in the Intl C license is a BITCH. First, if you even touch another car, DQ. Second, if another car brake-checks you like an idiot and you touch him, DQ. Third, if you have the inside line, hold on while you get punted off-course... DQ. Etc., etc., etc. Sometimes I think Yamauchi forgets that people play GT5 for FUN. It's not there to torment me.

Since I'm kind of stuck (not high enough level for more races, haven't found the right cars for some of the amateur/professional classes, etc.), I'm going to keep winning the Supercar Challenge over and over and rack up some cash. The Lambo and Ferrari challenges are coming up, so I need at least $600K to get the entry-level cars worth buying.

Cars I love so far: My '86 RUF BTR in Mexico Blue, my '73 BMW 2002 Turbo in Taiga Green, my '65 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA, and of course the Stealth McLaren F1. So sick in bare carbon.

Quick Reply: The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread