Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.

Impressions of a Ferrari 250GTO

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Can I ask why you sold your GTO?

Old 02-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for sharing the Enzo story. Your story telling is very entertaining to read (and listen too on those videos). I agree completely, you need to write a book!

Old 02-02-2011, 06:23 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. I really can't fathom what that must have been like. I mean for Christ sakes talking to Enzo himself! I believe you have lived the dream of every Ferrari enthusiast.

You have become the grandfather of teamspeed, us children want to hear more stories

Old 02-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks again for sharing your stories with us Stephan!

Old 02-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
krasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
Can I ask why you sold your GTO?
I sold the car (to Alain de Cadenet) to finance a car buying trip to Italy. I never imagined that I would not be able to re-acquire it. New rules--never sell anything!

For anyone in the Los Angeles area:

For the past two years, my Elysée Wednesday salon has consistently enjoyed the attendance of Ferrari friends, film people, finance gurus and artists of all sorts. We've been visited by a Formula 1 Champion and current contender, an Indy 500 rookie, a blond superstar of the sixties (the Madonna of her day), writers and producers who attended EW at Cannes, a Ferrari enthusiast who flew in from Tokyo to be with us, all of the French actors and actresses who appear in my TV series (Interview) version française (some coming from as far away as Paris and London), an architect responsible for a landmark restaurant in Beverly Hills, fashion and jewelry designers, computer game designers, authors, photographers, a painter or two, a publisher or two, some women motorcyclists, a visitor from China not to mention a certain individual from Hamburg who seems to be everywhere I go even when I'm not there. All-in-all, a delightful collection of people whose acquaintance and friendship have made life a more pleasurable experience.

Look for us Wednesday evenings on the patio from 7:30 pm (or shortly thereafter) until about midnight at Caffe Primo, 8590 Sunset Blvd West Hollywood, CA 90069. Underground parking on Alta Loma just east of the Cafe and south of Sunset or on the street.

Attached Images  

Last edited by krasnavian; 02-02-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you Stephen, I'll be in the LA area soon but not during the week so I won't be able to make it to the meet but perhaps sometime in the near future. Is that you driving the 16M? I have had the opportunity to drive the 16M on several occasions and it's an incredible machine. Makes my Scuderia seem almost tame by comparison.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
krasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
Thank you Stephen, I'll be in the LA area soon but not during the week so I won't be able to make it to the meet but perhaps sometime in the near future. Is that you driving the 16M? I have had the opportunity to drive the 16M on several occasions and it's an incredible machine. Makes my Scuderia seem almost tame by comparison.
Alas, no. That is Mike Sage with Tom Meade in the passenger seat.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
WOW - the Enzo Ferrari story is incredible! I am impressed that you had the bravado to just go right to the inner workings on race weekend! Moreson that Mr. Ferrari would send you stuff as well. I am sure being one of the most successful racers in history that having been in the family of GTO owners, it must have given you some clout. Thanks for sharing

Old 02-02-2011, 11:06 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing post, welcome to TEAMSPEED!

Old 02-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you so much for sharing your stories on Teamspeed for us! Amazing story of my favorite car, period. Looking forward to more post by you.

Quick Reply: Impressions of a Ferrari 250GTO