Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.

Impressions of a Ferrari 250GTO

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
krasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond repute
Elysée Wednesday: Drive! (Intro)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTYtfdKxIlc

This is the intro to Episode 1 of Elysée Wednesday: Drive!. Each episode will have its own 'highlight reel' to open the show. Sorry if this is too repetitive. Each variation has its own purpose.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
krasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond reputekrasnavian has a reputation beyond repute
Elysée Wednesday tonight--"They'll love it in Pomona."

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"They'll love it in Pomona."

Look for us Wednesday evenings on the patio from 8 pm (or shortly thereafter) until about 11pm at Caffe Primo, 8590 Sunset Blvd West Hollywood, CA 90069. Underground parking on Alta Loma just east of the Cafe and south of Sunset or on the street.

No need to RSVP; just join us if you can.

Attached Images  
Old 03-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
A note and photos from Serge Dermanian

Serge Dermanian sent this note along with some Dino photos. I always enjoy his stories and the photos he sends:

Stephen,

While sorting out some old slides, I found this picture that I scanned for you, I feel that many books are written and very important facts are left out. For example: this Ferrari 308 GT4 "Boxer configuration" two tone factory body paint with red upper section, & black bottom section, ivory leather interior. In 1976, a customer wanted this car which he had heard about while overseas but there was one only and, yes, it was in St Louis...

I made a deal for our customer, and flew from Waltham, Massachusetts, to St Louis late on a Friday evening. The dealer meet me at the airport with the paper work all in order. My wife & I drove it back home in two days.

A funny thing happened somewhere in the Poconos where I stopped for gas. The attendant looked at me pointing to the 308. "Hey man, is that one of them kit cars?"

Another example is the Dino 206 prototype, serial # 206. See it here in my garage with its red alloy body, knock off wheels, black seats with red inserts and original, factory wood steering wheel.

I acquired this little gem from an Italian businessman in 1969/70 and thought you would enjoy these comments

Serge Dermanian

Attached Images     
Old 03-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Elysée Wednesday tonight--"Is it possible, even conceivable, that you've confused me

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"Is it possible, even conceivable, that you've confused me with that gang of backward children you play tricks on, that you have the same contempt for me as you have for them?"

Look for us Wednesday evenings on the patio from 8 pm (or shortly thereafter) until about 11pm at Caffe Primo, 8590 Sunset Blvd West Hollywood, CA 90069. Underground parking on Alta Loma just east of the Cafe and south of Sunset or on the street.

Attached Images  
Old 03-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
This thread still has so much WIN!

Old 03-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
More photos from Serge

More from Serge:

Stephen,

Here are more pictures of some of the cars I have owned. This 308 GTS was brand new, the local dealer had sold it at "cost" because of being overstocked on cars. I did not like the two front air scoops originally painted in flat black so I had them repainted in "fly-yellow" (original color) which I preferred.

The Dino 206 "fly-yellow", 1968, serial # 364 with steel body, was a great car I enjoyed for years. The blue 308 GT4 I had taken in trade for a new Alfa Spider! Those were the days!

I hope you like these pictures.

Serge Dermanian

Attached Images      
Old 04-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
adamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enough
WOW!!! This was one of the most amazing threads to read through!! All the stories are just amazing!!

Old 04-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dream Rides 4 Kids

Over the weekend, I had the pleasure of attending the Dream Rides 4 Kids monthly event. We gathered at the Aaron Weiss classic car collection to enjoy looking at the wonderful cars in this private collection, to say hello to friends in attendance--including Elysée Wednesday regulars Kenny Lombino, Scott McClure, Jeanetta Dumouchel, Michael Adams, Dave Robertson and John Hietter--and for the drivers to get acquainted with the young adults who would be riding with them. It is rare to see so many smiling faces on young and old alike and Karen Sundstrom who originated the activity has succeeded in creating a day of positive reinforcement for all who came to participate--a day not soon forgotten.

For a segment of Elysée Wednesday: Drive!, I interviewed many of the drivers and the children who were riding along in the amazing collection of cars that were on the scene. The drivers and riders were appreciative of the opportunity and spoke eloquently about what it meant to them. Having put on events of my own, I can only admire the thoroughness of Karen's preparations and planning and compliment her on the fine selection of people who came to support the cause.

Anyone wishing to know more about Dream Rides 4 Kids can visit the website at: Dream Rides 4 Kids

Attached Images       
Old 04-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Price is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by krasnavian
[B][SIZE=4]
The 250GTO #3987 was the third car I’d ever owned. The first was a 3.8 E-Type Jaguar... The second was a Ferrari Berlinetta Lusso.
That's one hell of a way to start a write-up!
Great read!

Old 04-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Elysée Wednesday tonight--"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Impressions of a Ferrari 250GTO