Notices
Diamonds & Jewelry Discusses & Learn About The Latest Jewelry Trends, New Products, & Industry News

News: Diamond Planet Discovered!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Former Sponsor
emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
News: Diamond Planet Discovered!

Astronomers spot "diamond planet" - CBS News

Had to share this cool article I found that discusses a recently observed planet, made up almost exclusively of carbon, which is what diamonds are made of. This planet, known as 55 Cancri e, is twice as wide as Earth and has a mass eight times greater so the quantity of diamonds that exist there is quite unfathomable. No word whether diamonds from this planet can be extricated, and, even if they could be, nobody knows what kind of quality they are. Since 80% of Earth's diamonds are used for industrial purposes instead of as gem-quality stones suitable for jewelry, finding out more about this new planet's diamonds will be very interesting moving forward to see how the supply is affected and in turn global diamond market prices.

If you have any diamond or jewelry questions that I might be able to help with, feel free to reply to this thread or message me privately. You can also e-mail me at emilr@sashaprimak.com.