Notices
Diamonds & Jewelry Discusses & Learn About The Latest Jewelry Trends, New Products, & Industry News

Palladium: What is it and why do jewelry-buying men need to know about it.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Former Sponsor
emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Palladium: What is it and why do jewelry-buying men need to know about it.

Whenever I'm working with a guy, especially when he's buying himself a wedding band, I always introduce palladium as an option for him to consider. Why? Because palladium is part of the platinum group of metals, meaning it's naturally white, strong and pure, but it's also half as dense and less than half the cost!

Name:  pic3.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  88.9 KB

Since most men are not used to wearing a ring before their wedding, getting a platinum band can sometimes feel too heavy and uncomfortable. Gold is naturally yellow, so even if you get white gold, over time it will start to fade away into that yellowish color. Since platinum is currently more than twice as expensive, it makes palladium a great alternative and a perfect substitute. It's cheaper, it's lighter, and it's just as luminous and strong.

Name:  pic2.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  68.4 KB

While more than half of the world's palladium is used for catalytic converters, many jewelry companies have embraced this lighter, cheaper, platinum-family metal. Sasha Primak, through our own subsidiary casting company, has developed a palladium alloy so great that we confidently offer this metal as a standard option for all of our jewelry. Contact me if you have any questions or need any advice if you're shopping for yourself or for your special someone!

Name:  pic4.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  94.0 KB

Click here to see our full collection of men's classic bands and diamond rings

Click here to see our full collection of men's jewelry including cufflinks and bracelets

Name:  pic1.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  66.5 KB

Name:  Luxury-Ad.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  126.3 KB
Name:  Facebook.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  15.7 KB

Old 02-29-2012, 12:55 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Fantastic post Emil! Thanks for this!

Old 02-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Former Sponsor
emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!emil@sashaprimak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by DJ
Fantastic post Emil! Thanks for this!
My pleasure Darren! Hope people found it helpful... You know what they say, if you can reach just one...! ;o)

If anybody has any questions about metal, diamonds, jewelry, or just need some advice - I'm always available and happy to help!

Old 02-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
You learn something new every day. Although I hope I don't need to worry about this for quite some time!

Old 02-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Tony
You learn something new every day. Although I hope I don't need to worry about this for quite some time!
LOL! Never too early to start thinking about it!

Who knows, in 10 years maybe palladium will be the new platinum. Hard to tell with the way the metal market jumps around like crazy. It's also about what women want: a while back, women wanted ONLY gold. But, thanks to heavy advertising of platinum, all of a sudden women care about whiteness, strength, and rarity. Go figure!

Old 02-29-2012, 03:48 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Emil,

Thanks for posting this. I'm really impressed with your company's work.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
Emil,

Thanks for posting this. I'm really impressed with your company's work.
My pleasure Robert! Thanks for the kind words.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Teamspeed Member
KimmSpeed has a spectacular aura aboutKimmSpeed has a spectacular aura aboutKimmSpeed has a spectacular aura aboutKimmSpeed has a spectacular aura aboutKimmSpeed has a spectacular aura aboutKimmSpeed has a spectacular aura aboutKimmSpeed has a spectacular aura aboutKimmSpeed has a spectacular aura aboutKimmSpeed has a spectacular aura aboutKimmSpeed has a spectacular aura aboutKimmSpeed has a spectacular aura about
I agree w/ all who posted before me Emil. Thank you very much for the info and I too find the work your company does quite exquisite. I wonder if Palladium might be used to reduce the weight of some of my favorite automatic time pieces. Perhaps I’m behind the curve on this but it seems like a reasonable metal for watch making.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
diskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for sharing this info, it's definitely interesting.

That being said, I went with something much less... common. Solid carbon fiber - might lighter, and much less expensive.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:55 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
My wife's wedding ring is rhodium coated palladium, and you can't tell at all it's not platinum. We could not see spending the difference when the value of the ring is in the stone.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Palladium: What is it and why do jewelry-buying men need to know about it.