Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Porsche Carrera S Restorative Correction & Detail

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 02:29 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Porsche Carrera S Restorative Correction & Detail

Just completed, this car had all the "Black car" issues that would require compounding and all the following polishing steps. What was the "Fly in the ointment" was severe acidic etching in the paint from what I suspect was reclaimed water left to bake on the finish.

I looked at this car a little over a year ago at my old location and the owner and I could not connect on a appointment, so in the car came and I only charged a couple of hundred dollars more than the original estimate(Christmas and new years/birthday all converged for this customer) as I had 30 plus hours into the car all said and done which should have put the bill close to 2K.

On with the detail, just a little fallout on the car.........(lol).

Examples of the finish before.

Etching mixed in with the marring.

Etch on right rear quarter.

In progress correction 50/50 shots.

Same area after fine polishing.

The correction was difficult with readings as low as this over much of the car even before compounding.

Even though I used Mark V splash to chemically remove the etching, had to bring in the "Big gun" to level the defects.

Water spot etch was the worst on the drivers front quarter.

50/50's on the drivers door.

Entire door compounded.

Wheels had embedded brake dust in a major way, as this was not a "Wheels off" detail i had my work cut out for me.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:30 AM
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Marring on rear bumper passenger side.

Correction during compounding stage.

"Grand Canyon deep RIDS.

Rids corrected.

Onto the the most difficult area....the clearfilm, which was badly marred and extremely challenging to correct properly.

A few of the deep scratches would have to remain as it is film and not paint that at least could be sanded then compounded/corrected.

More marring on the front bumperfilm.

Making improvements.

"Not good"........mitt dropped on the ground during the wash was the culprit here I suspect.

After.

Low readings as stated.

Crusty tips.

Removing the build up.

"Cleaness".

On the home stretch.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:31 AM
Rain was coming in last night, so not the bright sun I like for finished pics.

All done................

Waiting for delivery.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Great job, my detailer had an even worse case when our black 997 came in, I don't know how many hours he spent on it but it looked flawless when he was done.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
slik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura about
Mercy. Was that a stunt car at one point? Yeesh. Fantastic recovery work Bob...as always.