Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Oakes - Detailed: 1991 BMW 535i - Full Restoration

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 01:12 AM
Teamspeed Member
Oakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really nice
Oakes - Detailed: 1991 BMW 535i - Full Restoration

A full paint corrective detail of a 1991 BMW 535i. This vehicle only has 94k miles on it, and is honestly in great shape, however the paint was another story. This vehicle was a painstaking 11 hours on the paint alone. Including the buffing/polishing and sealant/wax. Fortunately the vehicle has a very hard clear coat, which makes it harder for me but also harder to scratch. With that said, there were very few deep scratches to take care of, and a lot more depth to be had. Enough of my babble, on to the pics which are pretty self explanatory.

Process:
Menzerna Power Gloss (PG) - minimum of 3 passes per section
Menzerna Power Finish (PF) - minimum of 3 passes per section
Menzerna Final Polish II - White pad following the PF
Optimum Poli-Seal Sealant
Pure carnauba wax

Before Pictures

Driver's Side before - Post wash/clay

Before and After photos, as well as some 50/50 shots

50/50 Photos of the Trunk - After 2 passes of PG, and 3 passes of PF - slight hazing from residue in the flash.

Before/After of the Driver Quarter Panel - 3 passes of PG, 3 passes of PF

50/50 of Driver Quarter Panel

After shot of the Driver Quarter Panel, no more swirls

Before/After of the Passenger Quarter Panel - 3 passes of PG, 3 passes of PF

Still Passenger Quarter Panel, portion above body line was polished, bottom portion unpolished

-Before the polish

-After

Rear Bumper Before/After

Old 06-19-2009, 01:12 AM
Teamspeed Member
Oakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really nice
Reflection Photos

Finished Photos Outside

Old 06-19-2009, 01:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
clean as hell. i love it.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Teamspeed Member
Thank you!

Old 06-22-2009, 05:20 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
M3_GT is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome job man.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Now that's a challenge!! Wonderful job!

Old 06-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Teamspeed Member
thank you guys!