Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

convertible top cleaning.. whats recommended?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HBdirtbag
another fan of raggtop here basically because it's a more even application...basically following the post above me!

however, we now have a white convertable top in the family on our 66 mustang and I can't find ANYTHING to get it spotless!! Any tips? It's a Vinyl top?
The guys at 303 have assured me their convertible top cleaner works very well on keeping the lighter colored tops very clean. Send me a PM w/ your info and I'll send you my sample. I don't have anyone with a light colored top. Maybe you can test it for us and give your feedback.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Teamspeed Member
NFRs2000NYC is infamous around these partsNFRs2000NYC is infamous around these partsNFRs2000NYC is infamous around these partsNFRs2000NYC is infamous around these partsNFRs2000NYC is infamous around these partsNFRs2000NYC is infamous around these partsNFRs2000NYC is infamous around these partsNFRs2000NYC is infamous around these partsNFRs2000NYC is infamous around these partsNFRs2000NYC is infamous around these partsNFRs2000NYC is infamous around these parts
Make sure you know what your top is made of first. I believe Porsche uses canvas, while MANY others use vynil as it's more durable.

Either way, for vynil tops, vynilex works very well if you want an over the counter product. For internet products, 303 and Raggtop are the best. They both make vynil and canvas versions.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Brian_Brice is an unknown quantity at this point
303 is a great top cleaner, from many years personal experience.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
The guys at 303 have assured me their convertible top cleaner works very well on keeping the lighter colored tops very clean. Send me a PM w/ your info and I'll send you my sample. I don't have anyone with a light colored top. Maybe you can test it for us and give your feedback.
Moe, you probably know me as HotRodGuy..........

You'll laugh when I tell you I haven't washed my own car in 8 months and "almost" spent $200 having a guy polish my car for me today before I finally realized what kind of idiot pay someone to polish his car when he has about $3K worth of detailing equipment and was a mobile detailer through college

I've got a ton of 303, just haven't had a chance to use it on this white top. I need to go detail my own car so it may be an excuse to test the 303 on the white top of the mustang

Old 03-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HBdirtbag
Moe, you probably know me as HotRodGuy..........

You'll laugh when I tell you I haven't washed my own car in 8 months and "almost" spent $200 having a guy polish my car for me today before I finally realized what kind of idiot pay someone to polish his car when he has about $3K worth of detailing equipment and was a mobile detailer through college

I've got a ton of 303, just haven't had a chance to use it on this white top. I need to go detail my own car so it may be an excuse to test the 303 on the white top of the mustang
Sometimes I go almost a month not washing my truck. Life's funny that way. Nice to see you here.