Notices
Classic Muscle Classic Muscle Car Discussion Forum.

Eleanor build for 30k? Possible?

Old 11-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
there used to be a company doing these and i think i remember them selling for 300k new...

where is one of those?

this isnt it, but its sweet:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Musta...orcev4exp=true

a nice motor could touch 30k...

Last edited by PatrickHenry; 11-05-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
always cheaper to buy than restore or build. (if you factor in labor costs)
I will second that. As long as you have a little flexibility in what you are looking for.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PatrickHenry
there used to be a company doing these and i think i remember them selling for 300k new...

where is one of those?

this isnt it, but its sweet:

Ford : Mustang Shelby/Open Track Car in Ford | eBay Motors

a nice motor could touch 30k...

yea, trying to remember their name, they were in Texas, went belly up and all their shit got auctioned off

Old 11-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
unique performance was their name

Old 11-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Sorry OP, not happening for 30k.

Originally Posted by maxemus
Just to put things in perspective, my shell has about 20k of work done on it already. It's going to cost 140k to build it from here on out
On another note....Maxemus is building an Eleanor???? I can't wait to see that! You have quite the beautiful collection Maxemus.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
^ thanks stig. May put it off until I see how bad my taxes are going to be going forward. Lol

Old 11-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by maxemus
^ thanks stig. May put it off until I see how bad my taxes are going to be going forward. Lol
Definitely understandable

Old 11-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Carl R. is an unknown quantity at this point
I think with something like this it really almost depends on how much work you can do yourself. This shell apparently comes with all the fiberglass to make a presentable car. (Ford : Mustang Fastback Deluxe C in Ford | eBay Motors) I really don't see that going for more than 10k. Then you could probably snag a T-Bird or a galaxie with a bad body and a 390 in it. That could be around 2 or 3 grand. Take the engine out and drop it in the Mustang. Part out the T-Bird and make back some of your money. You'll probably have enough to pick up a compatible 4 or 5 speed tranny from a junkyard. After that, you should have enough money (17k) to get some of the major body work done and pick up some Recaros for the interior. Then all you need is a paint job. Even Maaco does some pretty nice work and they would probaby charge at most 4 grand for a fancy two tone job like an Eleanor. So the breakdown would be -10k for the car, -3k for a big block engine donor, +1k in parts from the donor, -1k for a tranny, 4k for the paint, 5k for a "Sporty" (bare bones race car sort of thing)interior, and then that leaves 8 grand left over for incidentals and body work. This is the kind of project that MIGHT be able to be done, but you'll need to do a lot of hunting for the right people and opportunities. It will never be a 100 point show car, but it should still be pretty schweet. Good luck.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Revved is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey all... Just joining the forum and I know I'm reviving an old thread here but since I'm Still Lost's friend that does this for a living I figured I'd contribute. I specialize in re-engineering the Unique Performance built cars and build and service pro-touring American Muscle cars.

As you've heard repeatedly, unfortunately no you can't build one of these cars for $30k with the specs you are looking for. You can find a "home build" that someone else has already done and dropped the nearly $100k for into it for probably around $50k but as also mentioned you never know what you are buying unless you have a professional look at it.

The sad thing about the full custom industry is that approx 50% of the people and shops building custom cars throughout the last decade weren't experienced enough to build what they were trying to build. Another 20% were just outright crooks slapping stuff together to make $$$. That leaves about 30% of the customs on the market home and professionally built that are good cars. Not good odds if you are an uneducated buyer on the street... Make sure you know what you are buying and have it professionally inspected! I know I beat that horse but 80% of the cars I work on come out of at least 2 others shops... the other 20% I build from scratch.

Right now at the beginning of 2014 the "Eleanor" clone market has essentially crashed. There are so many clones, and replicas, and tributes (call them what you will) that were dumped on the market after Shelby passed that the resale value has tanked. So you can pick up a decent car for a decent price but as forementioned- you really never know what you are buying unless you have it professionally inspected. I've inspected supposed $250k builds for clients that I've advised them to pass on at $100k because the workmanship was so bad. If you want to build a clone and have it hold its value you need to build it first as a full custom and second as an "Eleanor."

'nuff said... I can ramble for hours about this one.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:40 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
mustangstofear is an unknown quantity at this point
As the maker of the bodykit and builder of the cars also, our sales since 2007 has increased 3o% each year. we also have a 3 year backlog to build these cars. The market on Eleanors is holding just as well as any other car IMO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Eleanor build for 30k? Possible?