Notices
Classic Muscle Classic Muscle Car Discussion Forum.

Eleanor build for 30k? Possible?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
Look at the pic that i posted in the Eleanor thread. It was a UP car as well but this one was the pick of the litter when it came to the quality of the seams etc.
haven't sorted out all the details as I am still working on getting the title. Once I get that it will be sent to kustom classics in Dallas. They are the best at this and have tons of experience. They are also working on my 56 ford f100 right now.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gah993
Find one that someone has already built.

exactly

Old 10-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Teamspeed Member
SpeedRob is on a distinguished roadSpeedRob is on a distinguished road
The problem with finding one already built is that it still may have issues and problems that need to be worked out. It depends on how good the work UP did in the first place.

I'd build a replica today and slap the new 5.8l sc from the gt500 in it and add in the new dse suspension. That'd be a very fun, stylish car but still a $100k deal.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
IMO you would have a hard time finding a solid 67 fastback with decent power for $30k.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute
I was thinking about an eleanor build project, and went around looking for a base car... blah blah blah.. long story short:

- base car (a fastback) with a good body condition will cost u in the range of 25k-30k, a convertible would be a couple of thousands cheaper.
- Eleanor bodykit costs around 4k
- Suspension would cost you in the range of 6k
- Wheels & Tires 4k
- Accessories (mirrors, handles, switches, etc) 2k
- Interior rebuild around 3k
- Engine & transmission around 15k
- Body work (you should expect this to be a tad more expensive than your bodykit install price, most of the kits out there are not that easy to install, they need some work.) so installing the kit and painting the car would depend on what shop you go to.. If i recall correctly, some fellas told me its in the range of 7k
- and last but not least, you need an extra amount for the extra small bits and pieces that might come up.

So that's roughly $71,000.. and thats your minimum, don't expect any less to build a good eleanor.. and as the guys said, your budget can go up to double this amount.. easily!!

Old 11-05-2012, 03:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yzracer931
IMO you would have a hard time finding a solid 67 fastback with decent power for $30k.
True, but you can find a solid clean body for that price, although the engine and driveline might be below average... He would be changing the suspension, tranny, engine, and driveline.. so you really don't need a car with decent power, you just need a car with a good body, rust-free!!

Old 11-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
yea, reality is to put a good motor in one alone you are looking at a minimum $10K

Old 11-05-2012, 08:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 911 S;
- Body work (you should expect this to be a tad more expensive than your bodykit install price, most of the kits out there are not that easy to install, they need some work.) so installing the kit and painting the car would depend on what shop you go to.. If i recall correctly, some fellas told me its in the range of 7k
For a build like this, you can double or triple that price. Looking at 7k minimum for paint alone. Stripes, when done proper aren't cheap.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
yea, my wife about slapped me when she found out how much the paintjob was on my '55 (a little under $10K)

Old 11-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
always cheaper to buy than restore or build. (if you factor in labor costs)

Quick Reply: Eleanor build for 30k? Possible?