Notices
Celebrity Sightings | Clothing | Fashion Spotted! Your Favorite Celebrity and His/Her Automobile & The Fashion & Style Discussion Forum.

What is your style of dress?

Old 05-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
6spdg37s is on a distinguished road6spdg37s is on a distinguished road6spdg37s is on a distinguished road6spdg37s is on a distinguished road6spdg37s is on a distinguished road6spdg37s is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up What is your style of dress?

I was just curious as to everyone's style of dress? based on region or country. Im from NY and I dress like...
Casual: I'll generally wear nice jeans (mavi, Armani or A|x), Love T-shirts (Armani Exchange, Christian Audiger (sp?) Ed Hardy, DKNY, Affliction, one or two new brands similar to CA and ED hardy (cant remember the name). And then either sneakers or dress shoes.
As for jewelery: always wear my movado (had it for years got it as a H.S. grad gift) always wear a 14k yellow gold and diamond ring I bought myself when i first started finally making some money. And a white gold designer link chain/ diamond cross or 14k yellow gold rope chain with two-tone cross. and or cuban link with italian horn. Diamond earrings.
Business (for work): all the jewelery stays the same. I tend to wear lots of polos and/or button downs and dress pants, and dress shoes pretty straight forward.
I am a huge tattoo fan currently have two right now. Love wearing a hot T and some nice jeans and showing them off.

However, I really do not have one specific style which defines me. I wear whatever looks hot on me. I really dont care about the brand that much. I'll wear triple 5 soul one day and armani the next.

This is a completely pointless thread but I figured since its a global forum i'd see how dress varies by region.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s
I was just curious as to everyone's style of dress? based on region or country. Im from NY and I dress like...
Casual: I'll generally wear nice jeans (mavi, Armani or A|x), Love T-shirts (Armani Exchange, Christian Audiger (sp?) Ed Hardy, DKNY, Affliction, one or two new brands similar to CA and ED hardy (cant remember the name). And then either sneakers or dress shoes.
As for jewelery: always wear my movado (had it for years got it as a H.S. grad gift) always wear a 14k yellow gold and diamond ring I bought myself when i first started finally making some money. And a white gold designer link chain/ diamond cross or 14k yellow gold rope chain with two-tone cross. and or cuban link with italian horn. Diamond earrings.
Business (for work): all the jewelery stays the same. I tend to wear lots of polos and/or button downs and dress pants, and dress shoes pretty straight forward.
I am a huge tattoo fan currently have two right now. Love wearing a hot T and some nice jeans and showing them off.

However, I really do not have one specific style which defines me. I wear whatever looks hot on me. I really dont care about the brand that much. I'll wear triple 5 soul one day and armani the next.

This is a completely pointless thread but I figured since its a global forum i'd see how dress varies by region.
hmmm.... there are WAY to many things to say about your post, so I'll just quote it for the memories and play along.

Work(95% of my life): Suits by Zegna, D&G, or Faconable, most days I'm just in slacks and a shirt, both come from many brands, same story with shoes.

Casual: you know...whatever looks hot on me... sometimes preppy, sometimes not, NEVER and I repeat NEVER having anything to do with Ed Hardy, Affliction, or anything that looks anything even remotely close to either of those brands.

Jewelry: simple gold wedding band, watch, small canvas bracelet from my brother in Guatemala that I will wear till he gets home in one more year.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
What I wear is pretty much the exact opposite of everything you see in this picture.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
b9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond repute
I'll reply mostly because I am trying to waste time today.

Business: Button down, long sleeves (if its summer, shirts are linen). Pants are usually jeans. Black or Brown Doc Marten shoes, with a steel toe.

Casual: Summer: Button down, short sleeves or the same linen long sleeves as business. Pants are jeans. Shorts are cargo shorts. Alternatively, I can be found in t shirts that are purchased in packs from most low end retail stores. Shoes range from sneakers to the Docs to hiking boots to sandals. Winter I usually wear sweaters.

Dress up: NM is super informal so usually its throwing on a sport coat over my business attire. If it requires a suit, grey or blue for business grey or black for weddings/funerals paired with dress shoes.

Jewelry: Business its Tag Heuer watches. I need something inexpensive and built solid for my environment. Casual its Glashutte Original or IWC or Tag depending on my mood or what I am wearing.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I would describe my style of dress as badass, but not BADASS. Honestly, I don't really think this much about how I dress, so I don't really know how to respond other than to describe my style as classic. Ralph Lauren makes clothes for drivers so I tend to gravitate towards his stuff. Also, the oil business is pretty informal so I don't really where a suit that often.

Last edited by "The JC"; 05-15-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Gap jeans, Gap Polos, Merells. Every day. Whatever the occasion.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s
Seems like this style defines you pretty well:

Old 05-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond repute
All casual, all the time.

Barefoot unless flops needed to get into a restaurant. Sneakers if I'm doing ladder work. No jewelry, ever.

Gave my suits away a long time ago, 30 years since I wore a watch. Shorts and tshirts, maybe a silk hawaiian shirt, jeans if long pants are necessary.

In my biz, I can get away with it and it suits me just fine.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Jeans every day, with t-shirts (mostly with the logos of my favorite ALMS teams) and button up shirts from The Gap when I'm not working in the shop. Almost always wear Puma Kart Cats but flip flips or moccasins in the summer. I've got a couple of cheap watches I alternate between depending on where I'm going or what I'm doing that day.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by jayboat
All casual, all the time.

Barefoot unless flops needed to get into a restaurant. Sneakers if I'm doing ladder work. No jewelry, ever.

Gave my suits away a long time ago, 30 years since I wore a watch. Shorts and tshirts, maybe a silk hawaiian shirt, jeans if long pants are necessary.

In my biz, I can get away with it and it suits me just fine.
I want your job! That sounds pretty awesome.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is your style of dress?