Notices
Celebrity Sightings | Clothing | Fashion Spotted! Your Favorite Celebrity and His/Her Automobile & The Fashion & Style Discussion Forum.

Russell Brand borrows a new Lambo, winds up getting rear-ended

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 01:09 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Russell Brand borrows a new Lambo, winds up getting rear-ended

A Lamborghini lent to Russell Brand is loaded onto a tow
truck yesterday after the sports car was involved in a crash
last Friday on the East Side.

From the NY POST:

"Talk about bad luck. British actor Russell Brand borrowed a new Lamborghini from a Manhattan dealer to go for a spin last week -- and the car wound up getting hit by a truck. Brand, who had just left the set of his latest flick, a remake of the 1980s comedy "Arthur," was "shell- shocked" and suffered cuts and bruises in the accident -- but was mostly distraught over the damage to the $238,000 car, one source said.

"The whole incident was pretty terrifying," the source told the Daily Mirror of London.

"Russell was very shaken. He refused to go to [the emergency room] despite severe bruising and cuts. He's gutted, as he had just taken loan of the car. The black Lamborghini Superleggera -- which was loaned to Brand by Manhattan Motor Cars on the West Side -- reportedly sustained an estimated $9,300 in damage.

Brand, the 35-year-old fiancé of singer Katy Perry, was being driven by a pal when the car was struck from behind by the heavy truck on East 59th Street on Friday, witnesses said.

Onlookers said Brand couldn't open his door to get out after the accident and instead had to slide across the seat and climb out the driver's side.
The "Get Him to the Greek" star's mother flew to New York from London to be with him, sources said. Perry is performing at the MTV World Stage Live event in Malaysia. A manager at Manhattan Motor Cars said the dealership had acted as the go-between to loan the car to Brand.

"It's not actually one of our cars. Someone lent it to him through us," the manager said. The manager added that Brand had been at the dealership weeks earlier filming scenes for the movie, in which he plays a drunken, wealthy playboy who risks his inheritance by falling for a woman of modest means.

Brand plays the title character first made famous by actor Dudley Moore. The Manhattan dealership said Brand was using the sports car for his personal use.

"Arthur" will apparently be featuring a bevy of luxury vehicles. Other high-end cars spotted on the set include the DeLorean used in the "Back to the Future" movies and the Batmobile from "Batman Forever."

Read more: "Arthur" actor Russell Brand injured when his Lamborghini is hit in car accident - NYPOST.com

Russell Brand is cast as the titular drunken playboy in
a remake of "Arthur."

Old 08-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Ouch

Old 08-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Montana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond repute
I hate brand SO much.

I used to see him regularly when I was a photographer for Big Brother.

He stinks.

or he stunk. then. about 4/5 years ago.

Like a hobo, permanently.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:39 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
^ lol

he looks like he would smell

Old 08-03-2010, 01:49 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Onlookers said Brand couldn't open his door to get out after the accident and instead had to slide across the seat and climb out the driver's side.
Oh boy, I hope he makes it. That is a truly horrifying experience. I sometimes have to do that when I park too close to the bushes on my driveway in my Benz, so I can get the Audi out - it's just about the most frightening thing one can do .... leaves a lot of psychological scars in you to slide across the center console.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:50 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Oh boy, I hope he makes it. That is a truly horrifying experience. I sometimes have to do that when I park too close to the bushes on my driveway in my Benz, so I can get the Audi out - it's just about the most frightening thing one can do .... leaves a lot of psychological scars in you to slide across the center console.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Former Sponsor
J@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant future
Guy is just annoying to look at

Old 08-03-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
The "Get Him to the Greek" star's mother flew to New York from London to be with him, sources said.
I would expect that from Alzilla's mom not the mother of a 35 year old superstar.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:46 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
The "Get Him to the Greek" star's mother flew to New York from London to be with him, sources said.
Jesus crist. That's a 7 hour flight. Seven!! Seven agonizing hours of not knowing how badly her son's console sliding will have damaged him. This story is just filled with gut wrenching stuff. I'm surprised they didn't mention how this Brand character, whom I have never heard of by the way (but then again I don't usually socialize with the wizard hat crowd) was out of fruit loops this morning, too.

Where can we read more?

Old 08-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
I would expect that from Alzilla's mom not the mother of a 35 year old superstar.

Hey now! My mother is a saint! She drove over as soon as she could when she heard I stubbed my toe last week.

Quick Reply: Russell Brand borrows a new Lambo, winds up getting rear-ended