Notices
Celebrity Sightings | Clothing | Fashion Spotted! Your Favorite Celebrity and His/Her Automobile & The Fashion & Style Discussion Forum.

How imporant is appearance to you!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
What's funny is, I think some people who act TOO humble with their appearance are just as attention driven then dressing up!

Me? I do it for myself, I like looking proper almost all of the time. Even when I run out of the house, it's not like i'm trying, it's just what I pick up and put on (and i'm not talking about a suit or something ridiculous)

I guess everyone is different, I love fashion from t-shirts to higher end jeans to slacks/nice shirts and suits. I especially love my shoes, and it DOESN'T have to be expensive for me to wear it, most of the time it winds up being a lot because of the quality which is unmatched with a cheaper alternative, but not always!

Old 01-31-2008, 10:32 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Well said Ill one, and I think you're right. Trying too hard not to try is in and off itself a look at me statement.

Anyone have a favorite "era" of dress? I'm fond of the casual 40's style of dress. The khakis, nice shirts.

I have to ask.... Take some of these jeans, what makes a set of denim pants worth a couple hundred dollars or more? I can't help but think I'm missing somoething. Not slighting anyone thats into them, I'm just curious.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chokeu2
Well said Ill one, and I think you're right. Trying too hard not to try is in and off itself a look at me statement.

Anyone have a favorite "era" of dress? I'm fond of the casual 40's style of dress. The khakis, nice shirts.

I have to ask.... Take some of these jeans, what makes a set of denim pants worth a couple hundred dollars or more? I can't help but think I'm missing somoething. Not slighting anyone thats into them, I'm just curious.
You are right man.. Well for the jeans, I can say EVERYTHING is going up in price, but still 250 + for these jeans is crazy, and i'm one of the suckers who keeps on buying them repeatedly. It's like a DRUG no joke, every time I go out I get a new pair of True Religion's or something, because they fit great and are just too damn cool with the thick stitching and so on.

I must say though, my favorite are just the plain old A/X, Hugo Boss jeans for under 150, best fitting and most comfy!

Old 01-31-2008, 11:42 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
I guess I need to go and see what the fuss is... If my wife kicks my ass, I'm sending her after you next...

Old 01-31-2008, 11:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by chokeu2
I guess I need to go and see what the fuss is... If my wife kicks my ass, I'm sending her after you next...
Haha, she can find me in the gym, ready to rumble lol jk

Old 02-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond repute
I suit up everyday.

Nah, don't even have one. Pretty casual for me. Most winter days jeans and a polo, sweater, or hoodie. In the summer t-shirts and shorts.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond repute
if I could get away with not wearing a suit...ever...I think I'd like to. I am fine with rocking a nice suit to functions... but to put on a monkey suit so that I look like a professional while I sit in the office just does not appeal to me.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
I just went shopping for casual clothes earlier in the week for the first time in a long time. I went to Melrose, started at Fred Segal and worked my way east.

I try not to look at price when picking stuff up, trying them on, mixing and matching, etc. Once it comes time to hit the register, I look at the price and decide how much I "want" it. Nobody NEEDS expensive jeans or a $300 hoody, but looking good is definitely a priority in my life so I'll spend a little more here and there and "break" some rules from time to time. You gotta live a little...

Most expensive item of the day: $190 for some Citizens of Humanity jeans. Extremely comfortable. The True Religions I bought weren't trailing too far behind in price.

Least expensive: I found an awesome dress-shirt for $37 in some random store run by this hot Israeli chick. She wanted $50, but I haggled it down to 37, paid cash and walked out.

I tend to spend more money on T-shirts and less money on shoes for casual wear.
I tend to spend more money on ties and shoes and less on dress-shirts for formal wear.

Old 02-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Sad to say, I look homeless most of the time.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
eshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond repute
Appearance is important and I believe many folks these days take this for granted. First impressions are very important to me in a business setting and set the tone of your partnership. Outside of that I like to be comfortable...seven, diesel, BR, nikes, pumas, addidas, lots of sweaters, logoless polo's and ringer t's (i usually refuse to be a walking billboard )

That said, all my norcal buds can vouch this is how I roll on a daily basis...nothin like poppin a feather in your cap while closing big deals

http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/01/smbu....fsb/index.htm

http://money.cnn.com/video/#/video/f...zoot.suits.fsb

Quick Reply: How imporant is appearance to you!