Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Spied Again: Porsche Panamera Face-Lift During Winter Testing

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 09:54 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Spied Again: Porsche Panamera Face-Lift During Winter Testing

Spied Again: Porsche Panamera Face-Lift
The Panamera hits the table for a little Nip/Tuck

The Porsche Panamera has been on the market for a few years, so it seems only natural that the boys from Stuttgart would be working on a minor face-lift for the popular five-door fastback sports-saloon. Our teamspeed spies caught this prototype during winter testing this morning.

The prototype has a revised front fascia and will likely mimic the all-new 911. The camouflage hides most of the changes, but we can expect restyled headlights and larger LED daytime running lights. Engine options will likely carryover, but there could be some minor changes for improved performance and increased efficiency.

It appears the rear will receive a bit of a lift as well with revised rear LED tail lights and a new rear bumper section.

Stay tuned for more soon.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
Interested to see if this can even look that much different than the original lol.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I can't see it looking TOO much different. But subtle changes are sometimes the best. The front already looks great on these, its the profile some people don't like.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:54 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
as I said before,wrong end to be facelifted...

Old 01-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
forget the face lift.. needs an ass lift

Old 01-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Change the f***ing tail lights already.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Teamspeed Member
Slick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by parealtor
forget the face lift.. needs an ass lift
Stole the words outta my mouth.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:01 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrera
Change the f***ing tail lights already.
yup

Old 01-21-2012, 03:02 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I don't think this facelift is going to be as 'drastic' [used loosely] as the facelift between, say, the 955 and 957 Cayennes. Those two cars looked notably different from one another given the new integration of indicators in the air intakes instead of the headlight units, the slimmed down headlights, new air intakes, rear bumper, LED taillights and integrated exhaust pipes.

So far, it looks like the newer Panamera will feature headlights that are smoother and more rounded than the current jagged-edged ones [with the ripple at the bottom and the sharp tip at the end of the units] and they're finally ditching the LED light/bulb indicator units that were ripped off from the 997.2 models for all-LED units [maybe from the 991? I hope not.].

I hope that that air intakes will be more visually cohesive with the rest of the front, like how the 958 Cayenne's air intakes' upper parts are of the same size as the lower part of the headlights.

As for the rear, I hope the new bumper doesn't protrude out as much as the current one, the hips get a little more curvature and muscle and as Carrara said, change the damn taillights. I'm guessing they'll treat the new lights with the slim red 'light bar' that we've seen on the 991 and 981 taillights and blend them with spot LED lights for the brake lights.

Lastly, I hope the new exhausts form a better part of the body. I especially hate how the current tailpipes on the V6 models jut out from the rear diffuser; why weren't they integrated into it the way the new Volkswagen Touareg has its tailpipes laid out? Their shapes are similar, but the Panamera's look like a last minute, poorly-thought out execution.

Just my two cents.

Porschephile88

Last edited by Porschephile88; 01-21-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
You nailed it. All I did here was change the tail lights, slimmed the crease on the bumper, made the window shape more appealing, and a couple other minor things.

Quick Reply: Spied Again: Porsche Panamera Face-Lift During Winter Testing