Notices
Car Audio & Electronics Discuss Your Car's Electronics Here. Head Units, Amplifiers, Speakers, Wiring, Security, Radar, & More!

ipod/phone integration in L.A.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ACTaste is on a distinguished roadACTaste is on a distinguished roadACTaste is on a distinguished roadACTaste is on a distinguished road
ipod/phone integration in L.A.

My girlfriend wants to get her ipod hooked up to her '08 Audi A4. I know that this isn't that complicated but I really want to make sure she goes somewhere that will do good work. Any recommendations for places to go in LA? Thanks!

Old 03-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
does her A4 have the nav? if so, it has SD slots play MP3 without the ipod. i believe they take 2g cards each.

the stock MMI nav unit can also be upgraded to provide ipod, rear cam, bluetooh. dealer and aftermarket companies do that.

if her a4 has the in dash cd and cassette without the nav, she can either change the head unit to a double DIN one or get bluetooth speaker like Motorola Roadster that streams music to an FM channel (amazon sells them under $50).

as for shop recommendation, i heard al & ed is good.

Last edited by djantlive; 03-28-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ACTaste is on a distinguished roadACTaste is on a distinguished roadACTaste is on a distinguished roadACTaste is on a distinguished road
she doesn't have the nav. i don't think she wants to change the head unit, and doesn't like the sound quality of the FM streamers. thanks for the suggestions though. i'm sure i'll find a place to get it done.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
without changing the HU or using FM, you may be able to get an aux hardwire. the non nav is a 6 disc changer so i doubt it has an aux line. may be worth to check with the audi forum.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
thanks. i'll look into it some more.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Former Sponsor
NAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond repute
Does your Car have Fiber Optic in the Vehicle - if so, you can use the MOST-AUX-AUDI, from NAV-TV which will allow you to add a Single Audio Input in to the Vehicle -

- Landing Page -