Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Newly Painted Inlet Manifold Covers

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 07:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
kmans is on a distinguished roadkmans is on a distinguished road
Newly Painted Inlet Manifold Covers

Just installed my newly painted inlet manifold covers. A little more engine detailing and I will install the clear cover. I chose to purchase new inlet manifold covers so my car would not be out of commission for more than a week. The paint process took a week plus a couple of day to install the new covers. If anyone is interested in doing this same process, I have the original covers and would be willing to let them go. Please PM me if you are interested.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
Looking good How much more engine noise do you notice with the clear cover ?

Old 03-26-2013, 11:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I always like when you can see the engine on mid or rear engine cars. Looks great!

Old 03-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
kmans is on a distinguished roadkmans is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Looking good How much more engine noise do you notice with the clear cover ?
Finished detailing the engine. This is what it looks like with the clear cover installed. Drove the car today and did not find the noise objectionable. To make sure I had my wife ride with me and she was fine with the sound. You hear a little more of the engine sounds but nothing loud. Believe me this was a major concern of mine so I am delighted with the results. Beside looking awesome, I Concours my Cayman and this will make it much easier to remove the engine cover during judging. So if it is something you are considering, I would definitely say go for it!

Old 03-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for the reply, that's great to hear

Old 11-18-2014, 04:20 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
mikesz is an unknown quantity at this point
How did you make the clear engine cover? What material did you use? Lexan, Plexiglass, Acrylic?