Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Boxster Spyder: Production numbers??

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Gonna keep the R for a bit......hope to add to it instead of trade it in for something. Would love to get a 981 for next summer.....and a Macun for next winter
Good decision.

I've had my 993 for 6 months now, really getting the itch for a 997.1 GT3 now, though. Goal is to have one in the next 12 months. That means the 993 goes, but probably to my dad so I'll still get to enjoy it some. Fingers crossed.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Wayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond reputeWayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond reputeWayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond reputeWayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond reputeWayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond reputeWayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond reputeWayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond reputeWayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond reputeWayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond reputeWayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond reputeWayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond repute
Boxster Spyder

Mine has the Leather Sport Seats (I suppose that means "old man," although they are certainly bucket seats), 6 speed, plus the Sport Chrono package, Automatic Climate Control, Self-Dim Mirrors & Rain Sensor, Heated Seats, and Sound Package Plus. Seems like kind of an old man package all together, but heck, I'm 48. Comfort matters. I wish it had the PCM system so I could get digital radio. I don't care about crap like maps, GPS, etc.

I am up to about 8,000 miles now. I wouldn't trade it even for a nicer Porsche, justr because there are none of these out there. The dealer where I bought it only ever had two, a year apart.

Cheers.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Wayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond reputeWayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond reputeWayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond reputeWayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond reputeWayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond reputeWayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond reputeWayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond reputeWayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond reputeWayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond reputeWayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond reputeWayne at the Beach has a reputation beyond repute
I suck at uploading photos

My car...

Attached Images  
Old 08-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Nicely done^

Old 08-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Here is a picture of my former Spyder......drove it hard (PA to GA and back!) and loved every second of it.

But then this came into the garage and i havent looked back since

Old 08-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
they imported 24. 20 of which, were sold to Spider Monkey's.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:08 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
The other four were exported to Bolivia

Old 08-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
I gotta have a top that comes off. My first one was a 2001 Boxster in Speed Yellow color. I bought (stole) it from a friend who got in money trouble when the economy tanked a few years ago. I was happy with that until I saw the Spyder. I had previously only seen them in white or black, so the blue one was a shocker when I spotted it.

I think I figured out how I landed it with only 5200 miles on it. The dealership mistakeny left the first owner's sales contract in the glove compartment, so I spied it. The guy paid nothing down, financed the entire purchase price, so had a $1330 monthly payment. Ater 6 of those he must have realized he couldn't afford it.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute
Very happy with my sport buckets and manual transmission. I love my car.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Boxster Spyder probably one of the most "pure" cars they have come out with. Odd how this car has held and GT2RS fell... always the case..

Quick Reply: Boxster Spyder: Production numbers??