Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Cayman engine swap?

Old 02-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
The Automotive Aficionado is an unknown quantity at this point
Cayman engine swap?

Has anyone heard of anybody who has successfully swapped a 911 Turbo motor into a Cayman? Or heard of anyone swapping in a GT3 motor? Thoughts?

Old 02-22-2012, 03:12 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I think TPC Racing has done something like this.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
jrampton is on a distinguished roadjrampton is on a distinguished roadjrampton is on a distinguished roadjrampton is on a distinguished roadjrampton is on a distinguished road
I was told last week actually that there was a race team that put a 3.8 into a cayman but Porsche asked them to retire it as it kept beating their 911's

Old 02-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Isn't jayk doing a cayman 4.0 swap? Edit here's his thread ->
https://teamspeed.com/forums/boxster...once-said.html

Last edited by gmaccormack; 02-22-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
Isn't jay money doing a cayman 4.0 swap?
Yeah, haven't read any updates on that from Jay in a while now. Maybe he's too busy driving it?

Old 02-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
He seems to be still collecting parts

Old 02-22-2012, 04:36 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
We do a 3.7 or you can do a 3.8 and put our turbo kit on it

Old 02-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
The Automotive Aficionado is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is why I ask. I think it would be great to have a Cayman with a minimum of 500 or 600 rwhp and be able to drive almost every day and be a SEMA quality car. I don't see how that could be asking sooooo much.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Automotive Aficionado
Here is why I ask. I think it would be great to have a Cayman with a minimum of 500 or 600 rwhp and be able to drive almost every day and be a SEMA quality car. I don't see how that could be asking sooooo much.
It would be... its not asking too much at all, as long as you have enough $$$ to throw at it anything is possible.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
I would probably have been done if I hadn't completely fallen down the slippery slope.

1. Engine
2. Bodywork
3. Interior, and all electronics
4. Completely reworked Suspension
5. Brakes.

So basically the only thing I am keeping from the original cayman... is the frame.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cayman engine swap?