Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Rendered: 2013 Porsche Cayman

Old 07-18-2011, 10:39 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Rendered: 2013 Porsche Cayman

Rendered: 2013 Porsche Cayman
Teamspeed.com member "Carrera" shares his interpretation

Our trusty rendering master member "Carrera" never let's us down when it comes to helping us visualize what the production version will look like of all the spy shots we post and today he shares with us his interpretation of the next generation Cayman.

As we have seen last week here, the wheelbase and overall length of both the upcoming Boxster and Cayman will grow to nearly 4.4 meters, providing more passenger and luggage space. These changes will also help create space in the Porsche range for the smaller roadster.

We can see the new Cayman shares the door mounted side-view mirrors with the next generation 911 (991) as well.
Other changes from the first-gen to second-gen Cayman include a new electro-mechanical steering system and a stop-start system to help boost the Cayman's economy and reduce CO2 emissions.

The next-generation Porsche Cayman will probably debut late next year as a 2013 model.
The new models coincide with the end of Porsche’s contract with Valmet Automotive in Finland, where the current Boxster and Cayman are made. Production of the next-gen cars will switch to Stuttgart.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
I looooooooooove it
I hope they use the 918 Spyder style front fender on the final product. The test mules don't seem to have them

Old 07-18-2011, 11:39 AM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that looks awesome! I hope it looks similar to this. Nice job Carrera!

Old 07-18-2011, 12:08 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
suncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond repute
Nice!! Great job!

Old 07-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks DJ for the post and the kind words! I really appreciate. I couldn't have done it without those fantastic spy shots you posted, and your feedback helped greatly. And a big thank you to everyone for the comments.

Originally Posted by Ludas
I looooooooooove it
I hope they use the 918 Spyder style front fender on the final product. The test mules don't seem to have them
Thanks! For most of the rendering I tried to go for accuracy, but on the front bumper, I decided to have a little "inaccurate" (but cool) fun, and channel a whole lot of 918 into it. But, the 918 style fenders I did for accuracy. If you look closely in the spy shots, there actually are 918 style fenders. It's just that the camo creates the illusion that they aren't there, but they are.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond repute
Now that looks amazing!! Count me in... make mine white

Old 08-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I'll keep saying it - the Cayman/Boxster update looks MUCH more successful than the 911 update so far...

Old 08-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
The Boxster/Cayman keep getting better and better looking!

Old 08-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
N.M.O has much to be proud ofN.M.O has much to be proud ofN.M.O has much to be proud ofN.M.O has much to be proud ofN.M.O has much to be proud ofN.M.O has much to be proud ofN.M.O has much to be proud ofN.M.O has much to be proud ofN.M.O has much to be proud ofN.M.O has much to be proud ofN.M.O has much to be proud of
Wow! That looks fantastic, way better than the 991 imho.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rendered: 2013 Porsche Cayman