Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Ferdinand Porsche once said...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
WOW, this is going to be amazing. I can't wait to see how it turns out and hear your comments on it.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of light
The ghost of Ferdinand Porsche is on Teamspeed? Hollyyyy

Old 10-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Great build! More pictures please!

Old 10-08-2010, 12:52 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Thread stuck :-)

Old 10-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Dig it. Sounds like you're going to build one helluva great Porsche!!! Subscribed!!!

Old 10-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute
Oh man. I can't decide if I REALLY want to see this car when it's done, or really DON'T want to see it, lest I get the willies to do the same to mine (and mortgage my house to do it!)

Old 10-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
easyc has much to be proud ofeasyc has much to be proud ofeasyc has much to be proud ofeasyc has much to be proud ofeasyc has much to be proud ofeasyc has much to be proud ofeasyc has much to be proud ofeasyc has much to be proud ofeasyc has much to be proud ofeasyc has much to be proud ofeasyc has much to be proud of
Amazing! Can't wait to see it... just out of curiousity, how are you going to handle the transmission? the 986 with a 996 gt3 eingine in australia has a 986S 6speed with a custom bell housing... For those that don't follow, 987 transmissions and all 997 transmissions (gt3 included) spin different ways due to their orientation, plus bell housings dont match...

Good luck though! and keep us updated!!!

Old 10-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for all the kind words guys! This is going to be a dream come true. I can hardly even imagine what it's going to be like the first time I put the key in the ignition.

Originally Posted by NuclearSymphony
Subscribed, absolutely! It's great to see this kind of devotion and attention towards a car you clearly love. Reminds me of the Gemballa 4.0L Cayman, are you planning on going for more of a GT3/CS lightweight angle on it?
For now, its being built to be a mid-engined GT3. The suspension is already there (and then some), so it just needs the motor to complete the project.

Originally Posted by easyc
Amazing! Can't wait to see it... just out of curiousity, how are you going to handle the transmission? the 986 with a 996 gt3 eingine in australia has a 986S 6speed with a custom bell housing... For those that don't follow, 987 transmissions and all 997 transmissions (gt3 included) spin different ways due to their orientation, plus bell housings dont match...

Good luck though! and keep us updated!!!
GT3 transmission flipped upside-down. Many people have thought about doing an engine swap with a GT3 motor in the past, but the transmission is usually the thing that throws the spanner in the works (so to speak).

Old 10-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds f-in epic. Please take me for a spin when you are done!

Old 10-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
you took it to the right guys for this product i have complete faith in BBI autosports, now im just ready to see some pictures

Quick Reply: Ferdinand Porsche once said...