Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Space Shuttle 2: Even better!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Space Shuttle 2: Even better!

So I got the opportunity to go back down to the airport this morning. They were bringing the Discovery to the Udvar-Hazy (Air and Space) center, but first they brought it nose-to-nose with the Enterprise, which is headed out of here.

As amazing as the landing was on Tuesday this was even better, and you'll see why in the photos. The shuttle astronauts were there, including those who tested the initial shuttles and first flew them in Space and I took the opportunity to speak with some of them and take pictures. John Glenn was there, but I didn't see him and I doubt I could have gone up to him anyway...

I was able to be on the back side of the Shuttles coming together, opposite the media. So the photos I have of the nose-to-nose are pretty exclusive, shot from the opposite direction that you'll see in the media

I'm going through the photos now, but I figured I'd throw some up to get a thread started. Enjoy, and there are many more to come!

EDIT: Oh yeah, check the TeamSpeed hat!

Where the media was corralled:

Last edited by Pure Evo; 04-19-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Joe Engle - Look him up on Wikipedia!

I love this view!!!

Old 04-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
More to come...

Old 04-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond repute
Great stuff Steve. Seriously cool that you got to see part of (space) history up close! It's even more awesome that you want to share these exclusives with us.

Also, nice cap. Must spread rep.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond repute
This is awesome. I'm already looking forward to SH3

Old 04-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Winchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond repute
Fantastic stuff; what an opportunity to be able to do that!

Old 04-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
I love all things NASA. Currently watching When We Left Earth on Netflix. All my projects or essays in elementary school had to do with rockets and space

appreciate you sharing this with us

Old 04-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Same here Raul. I used to draw pictures of the Shuttle endlessly when I was a kid. To be standing under and around it today, and with the men and women who flew in it was UNREAL!

Old 04-19-2012, 05:50 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
RSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for sharing your experience and these pictures!

Old 04-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
+1

This is awesome stuff. Incredibly opportunity! Glad someone was able to be there, experience it, and document it.

Thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: Space Shuttle 2: Even better!