Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Cessna Corvalis TTx

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Insman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the rough
Cessna Corvalis TTx

My new favorite 4-place single engine plane, with Electronic Stability Protection, Intrinzic Flight Deck and G2000 Avionics....

Cessna Corvalis TTX

Old 04-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
I saw the mock up. I love the new G2000, it's absolutely amazing and the performance of this airplane is as well. However, I would take a Cirrus over this any day. My main reason is comfort. The Cessna has a cramped cockpit, two big guys up front is not so comfortable. The entry door is small, and the door sills come up above your waist; where as in the Cirrus sills are at seat level making entry and exit easier, and the doors are much larger. I also like the larger back seats and larger baggage in the Cirrus.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Insman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the rough
I don't disagree at all as the guy next to me has a Cirrus and he got it for the added room amongst other things. WIth the Cirrus I like the single movement power control, parachute, known ice protection, yaw damper, level button, and warranty.

With Cessna, I like service capabilities, utility category rated, speed brakes, door seals, slightly higher speed and useful load and I believe spin certified.

At the end of the day, two great planes and nice to always have options. Would be a tough decision for me personally if I was in the market at present.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
You are correct on all points on both aircraft. Although, speed brakes are nice they are not missed on the Cirrus.

It is a bit of a tough choice between the two, and the G2000 makes it tougher. However if I had to choose right now it would be the Cirrus for comfort. Besides, on a typical 500nm mission the Cirrus would only arrive 15-20 minutes later. Not a huge deal.

Here is a great video comparison on the two planes:

Corvalis TT vs. SR-22 Turbo

Old 04-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
good stuff, thanks...

Old 04-12-2011, 05:39 PM
No worries. It's an interesting video, isn't it?