Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Enola Gay virtual cockpit

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 11:08 AM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Enola Gay virtual cockpit

This is pretty interesting

Enola Gay / Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum

For you pilots out there, note the pilot and copilot only have throttle controls at their stations. The prop and mixture controls for each engine are back at the engineer station behind the copilot. It also looks like the attitude indicator is completely obscured by the yoke column, but that could be just how this is rendered.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
I looks like you're inside a TIE Fighter.

I didn't realize there was still a flyable B-29 Superfortress. I've always been fascinated by this plane for some reason.

YouTube - B-29 "FiFi" Taxi, Take Off & Fly By

YouTube - Takeoff of B-29 Superfortress

Old 10-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Teamspeed Member
Eric_H is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for this post. I have the privilege of having FiFi based in my area. Not only did I get to touch FiFi and speak to some of it's pilots last Saturday during an airshow, but it flies over my house often. We are SO LUCKY the CAF keeps these birds flying. We can't forget what the people that to fly these things in combat had to go through. .... technically that goes for everyone involved in wars to defend our country.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Teamspeed Member
Eric_H is an unknown quantity at this point
A year after my last post, in Oct '14 I was lucky enough to see FiFi again (the last remaining flying B-29 in the world) at its base in Texas. This time I got to climb through the interior! For topping on the cake, the very next weekend I found myself at the Smithsonian and got to see the Enola Gay for the 1st time in person! I just had to share - I thought it was so awesome to be lucky enough to experience that. If you get the chance make sure you check FiFi out on it's tour - bring $ and they give rides! Maybe one day I will do it myself... so far I was lucky enough to fly on a B-17... it was an incredible experience - even that small taste helps you realize what heros our WWII solders were. https://teamspeed.com/forums/aviatio...old-666-a.html

Who knows how long we will get to experience the sights and sounds of the 1940's.

Old 12-05-2014, 09:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Eric_H
A year after my last post, in Oct '14 I was lucky enough to see FiFi again (the last remaining flying B-29 in the world) at its base in Texas. This time I got to climb through the interior! For topping on the cake, the very next weekend I found myself at the Smithsonian and got to see the Enola Gay for the 1st time in person! I just had to share - I thought it was so awesome to be lucky enough to experience that. If you get the chance make sure you check FiFi out on it's tour - bring $ and they give rides! Maybe one day I will do it myself... so far I was lucky enough to fly on a B-17... it was an incredible experience - even that small taste helps you realize what heros our WWII solders were. https://teamspeed.com/forums/aviatio...old-666-a.html

Who knows how long we will get to experience the sights and sounds of the 1940's.

I feel the same way, awesome experience