Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Cessna Citation CJ4

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Prive is a splendid one to beholdPrive is a splendid one to beholdPrive is a splendid one to beholdPrive is a splendid one to beholdPrive is a splendid one to beholdPrive is a splendid one to beholdPrive is a splendid one to beholdPrive is a splendid one to beholdPrive is a splendid one to beholdPrive is a splendid one to beholdPrive is a splendid one to behold
Cessna Citation CJ4

Cessna has started deliveries of the newest member of the Citation family. Although the CJ4 bears it name CJ it’s about 90 percent new technology.
A recent BCA magazine article gave a very detailed comparison of the CJ4, Embraer Phenom 300 and Learjet 45. I’m familiar with all these aircraft and their manufactures will give you a bottom line comparison. I cannot recommend that anyone other than an airline purchase an Embraer product. Embraer is new to the general aviation market and lacks an established service network.

Both Learjet and Cessna are established names in the general aviation marketplace. You will not regret purchasing either of these aircraft. The old timers in businesses aviation, remember the Citation being the brunt of all the “SLOWtation” jokes. Cessna did it’s best to put those joke to rest with the Citation X. I think it may have been the driving motivation of manufacturing the world fastest business jet. The CJ4 is certified to fly single pilot placing it in competition with the new generation of VLJ’s. Cessna is the only aircraft in this category that I would recommend.

BTW: Cessna created the single pilot/owner flown, VLJ, 30 years ago and all the hype by the newcomers is just that…hype.

Comparing the Learjet 45 to the Cessna CJ4 is like comparing a luxury Bentley to a Chevrolet. They will both get you there however the Learjet will do it a little faster, more comfortably and with a lot more panache. The CJ4 does offer some advantage in short field performance, single pilot flexibility and cost over the Learjet. I recommend you hire a professional to help determine which aircraft will suit your personal needs best.
Posted by: Ivan Klugman (Integral Aviation Solutions)

First Cessna Citation CJ4 Delivered | Privé International Blog

Old 05-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Love it! Perfect plane for our lifestyle. All it takes is money . . .

Old 05-17-2010, 02:06 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
What a beauty!

Old 05-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
It's an amazing airplane, and it's beautiful but at $9million it was way too expensive. For $3million I would get a Sierra Super S-II with the ADVIZ avionics upgrade, or the BeechJet 400 with the Nextant upgrade and just fly that with a copilot. The Sierra will have more range than both and be just as fast as the CJ4, and the Nextant will have more range than the CJ4 and more speed.

Thanks for sharing though, I actually saw this a while ago just never got around to posting it up.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:12 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
I'm waiting for HRE to start making wheels for these planes.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to all
I would take that Citation X over it any day.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
I really need to start taking flying lessons.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KAZ555
I would take that Citation X over it any day.
While I think $9 million is steep for a plane like this, especially considering all the lightly used jets in the $9 million dollar category, the cost per hour to run a CJ4 is ridiculously low compared to a Citation X.

It's not the cost of acquisition of a jet--it's the ability to fly it that can get costly.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by bradb1us
While I think $9 million is steep for a plane like this, especially considering all the lightly used jets in the $9 million dollar category, the cost per hour to run a CJ4 is ridiculously low compared to a Citation X.

It's not the cost of acquisition of a jet--it's the ability to fly it that can get costly.
I agree, but the time saved going from one location is rather priceless. The operating cost for the X is about $2000 per hour, which is a bit high but I still think its worth it for such unique aircraft.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Insman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the rough
Great new plane and I own a Cessna at present (not a jet), but if I had the money I would take the Embraer 300 without question...

Quick Reply: Cessna Citation CJ4