Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Lamborghini Prototype Exhibition @ the Audi Museum

Old 03-22-2011, 04:04 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
scramjet is on a distinguished roadscramjet is on a distinguished roadscramjet is on a distinguished roadscramjet is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by StevanSV
Can somebody tell me what the Acosta was supposed to be? i have not gotten why that car was made. Was it supposed to be a revision of the Diablo or something?
The Canto was a proposal for the L147, or
the replacement for the Diablo, from the
famous Italian design house of Zagato.

The Acosta was a proposal for the L147
from the famous designer of the Miura,
and Countach and many other cars, namely
the famous Marcello Gandini !

Back in 2005 when I was at the
Lamborghini Factory, in the Museum, there
was a wonderful poster on the wall that
showed the evolution of the V-12
Lamborghinis up to that time. The Acosta
was represented there with the name:
"Super Diablo".

Old 03-22-2011, 07:40 AM
Teamspeed Member
Spadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the rough
The P 132 is Gandini's Countach replacement and what the Diablo would have looked like if Chrysler hadn't intervened - thank God they did as they made serious improvements to the rear of the car

Old 03-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
After all these years, the Cala is still one of Lambo's best designs, imo.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
StevanSV is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by scramjet
The Canto was a proposal for the L147, or
the replacement for the Diablo, from the
famous Italian design house of Zagato.

The Acosta was a proposal for the L147
from the famous designer of the Miura,
and Countach and many other cars, namely
the famous Marcello Gandini !

Back in 2005 when I was at the
Lamborghini Factory, in the Museum, there
was a wonderful poster on the wall that
showed the evolution of the V-12
Lamborghinis up to that time. The Acosta
was represented there with the name:
"Super Diablo".

Yeah i figured that out after a little further reading.. I knew what the Canto was, but the Acosta puzzled me , until last night. I saw the Canto titled Lamborghini L147 Zagato, and the Acosta titled Lamborghini L147 Gandini , and then i knew. I am glad the Acosta did not become reality, as it just looks like a warped Diablo to me. I would of prefered the Canto design. While Gandini has designed many amazing cars, I feel the Acosta resembled a Diablo too much

Old 03-23-2011, 05:03 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
scramjet is on a distinguished roadscramjet is on a distinguished roadscramjet is on a distinguished roadscramjet is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by StevanSV
Yeah i figured that out after a little further reading.. I knew what the Canto was, but the Acosta puzzled me , until last night. I saw the Canto titled Lamborghini L147 Zagato, and the Acosta titled Lamborghini L147 Gandini , and then i knew. I am glad the Acosta did not become reality, as it just looks like a warped Diablo to me. I would of prefered the Canto design. While Gandini has designed many amazing cars, I feel the Acosta resembled a Diablo too much
I also liked the Canto.

But I also liked the Acosta/Super Diablo.

How about this angle (from another web site.

Attached Images  
Old 03-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ecnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura about
Wasn't it called Kanto and not Canto?

Attached Images