Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Lamborghini's Future Model Lineup Revealed

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Report: Lamborghini plans surface; include Estoque, Sesto Elemento and Gallardo-replacing Cabrera

Report: Lamborghini plans surface; include Estoque, Sesto Elemento and Gallardo-replacing Cabrera — Autoblog

"With the new Aventador now uncovered and sold out for at least the next year, Lamborghini is undoubtedly preparing its next model. And the one after that. And incoming reports have detailed what could be the Raging Bull marque's product plan for the next several years.

First to come could be the limited-production version of the Sesto Elemento concept car. Rather than taking the place of any current model, the Sesto Elemento could take up a Reventon-like position in the line-up, offering limited numbers at high prices.

The Estoque concept also appears to be edging closer to production, sharing its underpinnings with the next-generation versions of the Porsche Panamera, Audi A8 and Bentley Continental. The four-door model could also be joined by a GT coupe.

Of course, we can expect to see variants of the Aventador coming 'round the mountain as well, including potential Roadster and eventual Super Veloce versions.

Finally the Gallardo will eventually need replacing, and sources suggest that its successor could carry the Cabrera nameplate in reference to a bloodline of famous fighting bulls. Given that the Gallardo has spawned a good dozen variants over the years, you can bet the Cabrera will give rise to a few of its own, as well."

Old 03-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Fantastic post - true or not, lots of food for thought!

Old 03-18-2011, 07:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
barchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond repute
I cant believe someones imagination made it as news!

Old 03-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
ApexOversteer is an unknown quantity at this point
Greetings all...

I'd like to clear the air here about this information. I wrote the first post of this thread, over on FerrariChat.

FerrariChat.com - View Single Post - NEW V10 Lambo launching next year???

Now, I don't mind at all McRae cut/pasting it over to here, he does give me credit at the very bottom of his post.

Unfortunately, McRae didn't bring my entire post over, and left out an important part, the opening paragraph.

"After translating several of Nostradamus' quatrains, consulting the Mayan Calendar and a series of visions forced into my mind by The Great Old One, Cthulhu, I have predictions for The Aventador Era Of Lamborghini..."

As you can see, my post was never meant to be taken seriously as actual information. It is speculation, perhaps educated speculation, but speculation nonetheless. It is nothing more than my ideas on where Lamborghini could/should go in the next 10 years.

McRae, I appreciate you crediting me on your post of my writing, but it is also customary and courteous, when reposting something someone else has written, to provide a link back to the original. This allows readers to see the context of the original, which was lost here, allowing certain websites to think this information has basis in reality.

I do think these websites running this information as "news" is hilarious. The automotive blog-o-sphere is absolutely terrible on doing their research. All the time we see Photoshop renderings by art school students posted on these blogs with headlines proclaiming "Our First Look At The New Huppmobile XL17-ZZR!", as if it's a real car, right alongside articles about people putting NOS Energy Drink into their motorcycles or flushing out their engines with a garden hose as part of an oil change.

It's crap. You can count the number of automotive news sources with any kind of journalistic integrity on one hand and still have enough fingers left over to make a fist.

It will be interesting to see how far some of this information goes, especially the Cabrera name. I grabbed the name Cabrera off of the Wikipedia page about Spanish Fighting Bulls.

"Among fighting cattle there are several "encastes" or sub types of the breed. Of the so-called "foundational breeds", only the bloodlines of Vistahermosa, Vázquez, Gallardo and Cabrera remain today. In the cases of the latter two only the ranches of Miura and Pablo Romero are deeply influenced by them."

You can see the train of thought there. Two famous Lamborghini names right in the same paragraph, I'll just pick the coolest sounding one Lamborghini hasn't used yet and there's the name of the Gallardo replacement.

I have feeling that Cabrera is going to stick around in the media, and that makes me laugh. I hope you get a laugh out of it too, McRae, the two of us have proven, once again, that anything the automotive blogs say can't be taken on face value.

It might just be crap some guy made up.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
rangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond repute
I think sesto elemento will be priced higher than the Aventador and will be a limited edition. Why would Lamborghini introduce a less powerful and quicker car than Aventador, will it not affect its sales?

Old 03-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Teamspeed Member
Daaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by rangieboy17
I think sesto elemento will be priced higher than the Aventador and will be a limited edition. Why would Lamborghini introduce a less powerful and quicker car than Aventador, will it not affect its sales?
It's no doubt that the Sesto Elemento will be priced higher than the Aventador, it was speculated to be sold at $5 million and also only a track vehicle (not road legal).

Old 03-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FerrariWF
I bet the gallardo replacement will have 600-620bhp. They need the extra power to compete with the 458 and MP4-12C. I really doubt there won't be an increase in power. Plus by 2017 the Gallardo replacement only pushing 595hp?? A regular GT3 will have more by then. It will be closer to 670hp. And the Jota limited to just 50? I would guess more like ~300. Plus the jump from the SV to the Jota is way bigger than the regular to the SV, if anything it would be the other way around. Standard murci had 580 then a 60hp jump to 640 and a 30hp jump to 670. The second jump is half the first. Just my 0.02
Stock GT3 should have 600hp by then? Ha!

Tough to get there with only 6 cylinders no forced induction...

Old 03-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond repute
This looks promising... I would say though, that this looks like an outline of goals for the future. Like any company reporting to its parent company, I am sure they are asked what their future plans are and how they are going to get there. Great info and it will keep us all interested for years to come.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ApexOversteer
Greetings all...

I'd like to clear the air here about this information. I wrote the first post of this thread, over on FerrariChat.

FerrariChat.com - View Single Post - NEW V10 Lambo launching next year???

Now, I don't mind at all McRae cut/pasting it over to here, he does give me credit at the very bottom of his post.

Unfortunately, McRae didn't bring my entire post over, and left out an important part, the opening paragraph.

"After translating several of Nostradamus' quatrains, consulting the Mayan Calendar and a series of visions forced into my mind by The Great Old One, Cthulhu, I have predictions for The Aventador Era Of Lamborghini..."

As you can see, my post was never meant to be taken seriously as actual information. It is speculation, perhaps educated speculation, but speculation nonetheless. It is nothing more than my ideas on where Lamborghini could/should go in the next 10 years.

McRae, I appreciate you crediting me on your post of my writing, but it is also customary and courteous, when reposting something someone else has written, to provide a link back to the original. This allows readers to see the context of the original, which was lost here, allowing certain websites to think this information has basis in reality.

I do think these websites running this information as "news" is hilarious. The automotive blog-o-sphere is absolutely terrible on doing their research. All the time we see Photoshop renderings by art school students posted on these blogs with headlines proclaiming "Our First Look At The New Huppmobile XL17-ZZR!", as if it's a real car, right alongside articles about people putting NOS Energy Drink into their motorcycles or flushing out their engines with a garden hose as part of an oil change.

It's crap. You can count the number of automotive news sources with any kind of journalistic integrity on one hand and still have enough fingers left over to make a fist.

It will be interesting to see how far some of this information goes, especially the Cabrera name. I grabbed the name Cabrera off of the Wikipedia page about Spanish Fighting Bulls.

"Among fighting cattle there are several "encastes" or sub types of the breed. Of the so-called "foundational breeds", only the bloodlines of Vistahermosa, Vázquez, Gallardo and Cabrera remain today. In the cases of the latter two only the ranches of Miura and Pablo Romero are deeply influenced by them."

You can see the train of thought there. Two famous Lamborghini names right in the same paragraph, I'll just pick the coolest sounding one Lamborghini hasn't used yet and there's the name of the Gallardo replacement.

I have feeling that Cabrera is going to stick around in the media, and that makes me laugh. I hope you get a laugh out of it too, McRae, the two of us have proven, once again, that anything the automotive blogs say can't be taken on face value.

It might just be crap some guy made up.

WELCOME!!!!