Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Lamborghini Murcielago Successor Spied Winter Testing

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 08:01 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Lamborghini Murcielago Successor Spied Winter Testing

Same news that was posted in my Murcie successor thread. News by worldcarfans source. Want to a copy them in a new thread, so these amazing news could catch more attention, hope no one would be against.

Lamborghini Jota Murcielago Successor Spied Winter Testing in Lap Land

The Jota will be lighter and come with a direct-injection V12 engine with around 700 hp

Here are some of the very first spy shots of the Lamborghini Murcielago successor in full body form.

The supercar, allegedly to be renamed the Jota, was caught doing some winter testing in sub-zero temperatures on a VW/Audi test track somewhere in Scandinavia. Our spy photographer reports that the temperature was around -25C (-13F).

The Jota is expected to be about the same size as the Murcielago - as judged by our spy photographer. But it will come with some serious upgrading, including a new V12, direct-injection engine with around 700 hp. The successor to the Murcielago will also be lighter, substituting the current steel tube latticework for an aluminum space frame. Body paneling will be made of carbon fiber and the doors and roof possibly out of aluminum.

A new all-wheel drive system from Swedish supplier Haldex is also rumored.

Design-wise the Jota will be borrowing some styling cues from the Estoque and Reventon. But as is obvious from the photos here of an all-in-black test vehicle, the car remains the archetypal, lane-straddling Lamborghini.

Lamborghini Jota Murcielago Successor Spied Winter Testing in Lap Land

Old 01-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
It looks very similar to the Murcielago I must say. I mean the shapes and edges are very nice, I just hope they have the courage to give it enough individual character and don't just make it look like a facelifted Murci.
Not that the Murci didn't look good, it's one of the most beautiful cars of all time imo, I just want to see something new. Anyway they're only spyshots so I'll simply wait and see.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:05 AM
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
This body of test mule seems to be made from various existing parts, if you look closer there are clues from all existing models. There are only some new parts which belongs to the JOTA. The final desing of production car will look absolutely different and very innovative for Lamborghini, but it will remain to be 100% recognizable as Lamborghini.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
wow!!!

Old 01-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Lambo91 is a splendid one to beholdLambo91 is a splendid one to beholdLambo91 is a splendid one to beholdLambo91 is a splendid one to beholdLambo91 is a splendid one to beholdLambo91 is a splendid one to beholdLambo91 is a splendid one to beholdLambo91 is a splendid one to beholdLambo91 is a splendid one to beholdLambo91 is a splendid one to beholdLambo91 is a splendid one to behold
pretty sick!! can't wait

Old 01-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
I'm intrigued by that rear fender, looks like a larger Gallardo.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I definitely see a good mix between the Gallardo and LP640. I'm sure the final design will be awesome!

Old 01-15-2010, 10:58 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
*loses mind* Can't wait to see the finished product... the specs sound awesome. 700HP DI NA V12.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:52 AM
It is only a mule in heavy camo with plenty of parts borrowed from existing models. The final desing will be more than astonishing, I am sure. One more thing that it is really hard to predict if the original Lambo doors construction will be used of this car or it will be modified to meet all those safety concerns.

Few things that still left not sure also is possibility of this car having CF chassis and DCT transmission.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
I like what I see so far, cant wait to get some good shots of it with more of its own skin. that car def. has a murci front bumper on it

Quick Reply: Lamborghini Murcielago Successor Spied Winter Testing