Notices
Automobiles
Sponsored by INTERCITY LINES AUTOMOBILE TRANSPORT

Testing the waters...2006 Noble M400 for sale

Old 11-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
Testing the waters...2006 Noble M400

Hi folks

I picked up this beautiful 06 M400 earlier in the summer. It has around 425whp and is appropriately modded to provide a clean, finished, and reliable-running Noble (eg. new fuel pump, brakes, tunnel mod for interior cooling, etc.).

The plan was to get a scary-fast street car that would work really well on track (we have a new motorsports complex nearing completion in New Orleans that I am interested in using). And the Noble is PERFECT for this. It rides well on the street (same or better than my Exige), outhandles any Lotus, and will out-gun most exotics and even medium displacement bikes up to at least 100mph.

But lately I'm thinking I might want something just a bit more civil for the street. And a car with a backseat would be nice now that our little one is forward-facing in her carseat. It would be nice to take "Daddy's car" out to dinner for a change.

So I'm contemplating a change in plan. Instead of a track membership in the M400, I aim for HPDE and autocross events in something like a GT-R or a 996 tt like AtomicZ's.

Testing the waters... before I get the Noble prepped for a season (wheels, tires, install the aero I have coming in, etc.) I thought I'd see if anyone wanted to pick it up as-is. It is in great shape with only a few wear/tear rock chips on the rocker panel, a few road wear chips on the wheels, and a cracked headlamp lens (normal for Nobles, apparently). The car runs perfect and is as reliable as any daily driver. I've got all maintenance up to date including oil/filter, belts, air filter, etc. It's a needs-nothing 425whp 2500lb analog rocket. I hesitate even making this post, as I'm so torn about parting with the car.

But I like to keep my options open. PM me if you want more details, more pics, etc.

•Originally built and maintained by Aaron at Speed Factory in OH. This car has always been owned by forum members. I am the 4th owner.
•7500 miles (1200 put on by me)
•Upgraded intercooler
•Intercooler fans with on/off in the cockpit
•Upgraded axle bolts
•Hoover's brake cooling ducting in the front
•Tunnel mod
•Brand new slotted rotors from Hoover on all 4 corners with less than 100 miles on them. When the 4 rotors were upgraded the brakes were all rebuilt as well.
•6k HIDs (see pics)
•TiAL BOV
•Bosch fuel pump with Hoover's fuel line.
•Momo steering wheel, Ultimate Pedals pedals, and TWM shift knob. Looks awesome! (see pics). I still have the original steering wheel if you prefer.
•Originally remapped by Troy and later remapped by Seth at VIR in 2010. The map is a conservative 1 bar and dynoed at VIR at 426WHP.
•Stripes are vinyl and can be removed if not to your liking
•5 point harness in driver and passenger sides. Also has the original seat belts for street convenience.
•Exhaust is a straight pipe with catalytic converters still in place. The exhaust sounds great but isn't too loud
•Car has been registered in Ohio and Maryland and Louisiana has an OH VIN. Registering was no problem.
•No squeaks or rattles.
•Roll bar has been padded
•Aluminum large capacity (8q) high-g oil pan

Asking $61,000

Last edited by Smoky; 11-12-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I would love to pick one of these up someday. They're an absolute riot to drive.

Best of luck if you do end up selling it (but I think you ought to keep it a little longer!)

Old 11-13-2011, 01:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
You should pick this one up!

I know. I should hold on to it longer. And I prob will. Unless I can get the right price for it, then it would be very easy to do something like train my sites to an Alpha or Switzer GT-R.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Nice weekend track toy!

GLWS!

Old 11-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Small typo (and the original is too old to edit)... the brakes have 1000 miles on them. Not 100.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Winchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd keep it if i were you; seems perfect for HPDE events.

I can't imagine there are a lot of them around either.

If you are selling, best of luck....only wish i had the cash. Noble's are incredible cars!

Old 11-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Thanks! She really is a great car. Had a nice drive just last night in fact. Amazing the impact the car has on people. The Lambo stands out and people see it coming from far away. The Noble is much stealthier, but then the double- and triple-takes begin. lol

I'm still hesitant. Some aero mods (front splitter, fender arches) just arrived. I'm gonna let em sit and see if the car sells as-is. But soon I won't be able to wait and I'll have to install it. Then the price of the car is gonna go up a little bit. Then it'll get tracked, and the price will go back down a little bit.

But not by much much! You're right..these cars are rare. Something like ~350 M12 GTO 3R + M400 in the world! It's unlikely you'll run into someone else with this car at your local C&C....unless you live in the UK. :-)

Old 11-24-2011, 11:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BUMP Price lowered to $58,000 (sorry I can't update the first post)

Old 12-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Price lowered one last time. If it doesn't sell over the Winter at this price then I will keep the car, and relist in the Spring at the original price.

NEW LOW PRICE
$54,500

Grab this beast while the price is low!

Old 12-13-2011, 01:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
As requested more pics taken today. Valentine 1 not included. :-)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Testing the waters...2006 Noble M400 for sale