Notices
Auto Leasing | Financing Learn The In's & Out's To Correctly Acquiring Your Next Car.

Swap A Lease / Lease Takeover

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
I put the M3 on all BMW related sites, plus here and two other nameless places that we all know.

You might try doing the same for your Benz too by putting on all Benz related sites plus some nameless sites we all know...

Good luck.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW a buddy of mine got 29.8 mpg -averaging 74mph on his 2011 S550 (new twin turbo V8) on a two hour stint.

Not bad for a 5400lb car.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
FWIW a buddy of mine got 29.8 mpg -averaging 74mph on his 2011 S550 (new twin turbo V8) on a two hour stint.

Not bad for a 5400lb car.
Yeah, that new TT engine makes it much faster and more fuel efficient.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Yeah, that new TT engine makes it much faster and more fuel efficient.
I wouldn't have believed it had he not sent a picture of his information screen.

kudo's for Benz

Old 07-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
dphouse is a friend of mine. He got a bite on his car in a matter of days and it was outta his garage within 2 weeks. He told me it was a good experience and he got what he wanted for the car. He also recommended going with whatever the base "package" is on swap-a-lease and that they tried to upsell him on a bunch of stuff that would increase the exposure, but that it all seemed like bs.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
I wouldn't have believed it had he not sent a picture of his information screen.

kudo's for Benz
They have stepped up their game in many areas in the past few years; handling, interior materials, build quality, reliability.
I used to hate MB, much respect now.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:38 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Mitch@Premier Financial will become famous soon enoughMitch@Premier Financial will become famous soon enoughMitch@Premier Financial will become famous soon enoughMitch@Premier Financial will become famous soon enoughMitch@Premier Financial will become famous soon enoughMitch@Premier Financial will become famous soon enoughMitch@Premier Financial will become famous soon enough
Lease Takeovers

We have been involved in numerous situations where one of our cars was assumed by a third party as a result of being listed as available for lease takeover and most of the time it has not ended well.

In a typical case somebody owes Premier more than their car is worth and decides to list it as available. A deal is made and we are never notified nor given an opportunity to approve the credit. Everything appears fine until the party assuming the lease stops making payments. At that time we contact the original lessee about the delinquent payments and they inform us that they are no longer in possession of the car and they are shocked to hear that they are still responsible for the lease payments.

At this point we make them aware that somebody is driving a car that we own and they are contractually responsible for and neither party knows what kind of credit the driver has and in some cases who the driver is or where they are located.

Most of the time the vehicle is either never found, totaled without insurance, or repossessed with high mileage and in poor condition leaving the original lessee with a larger liability than they had to begin with. Every case may not end this way, but we rarely hear about those.

If you are interested in somebody assuming your lease, I suggest that you contact your leasing company directly and ask them what their policy is on lease assumptions.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
I had my car on swapalease until I learned the VW Credit doesn't take the original lessor off the contract.... F that noize!!!!

Old 08-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Good point guys. The only car maker that I know for sure will allow a full lease transfer and will remove your liability is BMW. There maybe others, but as was stated, you should call and ask your car financing company if they allow it and remove 100% of your liability.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:40 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
JDM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dphouse
Has anyone had luck with swap a lease (getting out of a lease) websites before? Thinking to get out of a '11 MBZ E350 lease and weighing my options...

Thanks guys.
I've tried this twice...total waste of money. The salesmen are relentless in trying to get you to spend more money on "better" packages as time goes on. They called me for six months AFTER I had taken the car off their site.