Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Exciting ride in a supercharged Lotus Exige on track!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 08:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NM2255 is just really niceNM2255 is just really niceNM2255 is just really niceNM2255 is just really niceNM2255 is just really niceNM2255 is just really niceNM2255 is just really niceNM2255 is just really niceNM2255 is just really niceNM2255 is just really niceNM2255 is just really nice
Arrow Exciting ride in a supercharged Lotus Exige on track!

This is my friend's Lotus Exige S specially prepared to be used on track!
Hope you enjoy the ride in this ultimate track weapon at Varano de Melegari international circuit.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:24 AM
Teamspeed Member
Eric_H is an unknown quantity at this point
Fun video above! I love watching track / spin videos.

I have another Lotus Exige video but the theme is different: I thought it would be fun to consolidate all the video of all the spins my wife and I have witnessed or been a part of with my Exige-S. In almost 20k miles of track driving we have spun a few times while learning to drive. In Texas we have a luxury of no walls at most of our tracks so "playing" is usually fun to do on an empty track. No traction control and no stability control and mid-engine means a spin might happen how and then.

Old 11-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Teamspeed Member
My wife and I are Lotus track junkies and we have many track videos, but none compare to this one! Technically this is a Lotus Elise video (98% the same car as an Exige-S without the Supercharger and down force). Well worth the 2min watch...

Old 12-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Teamspeed Member
I figured I would update this thread at least once a year.

This video has some nostalgic content.

This might have been my last opportunity to take the 4 hour drive down from Dallas to attend an event at Texas World Speedway (TWS) in College Station, TX.

It was announced early in 2014 that TWS will be re-developed into a neighborhood. At the time of this writing it is uncertain if we will get to drive at TWS in 2015. Do yourself a favor and search the Internet for historical TWS information. You will soon realize why it is tragic that we are losing this historic track. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_World_Speedway

The video starts with my best lap from the weekend, then continues (@ 03:00) with various highlights, antics, and pictures from the HPDE.

Old 12-13-2014, 12:35 PM
Teamspeed Member
I chronicle almost every track event my wife and I attend in a short video. This one I decided to post on YouTube because it is a great example of what happens when tires have been used for too many heat cycles. In this example I am running Hoosiers which, on my light weight car, heat cycle out even before the tread is gone. I admit sometimes it is fun to slide around on old tires.

This video is from the weekend of October 24-26th, 2014 at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, TX. Running the 3.1 mile CCW configuration. It begins with a short chase from another car, continues with examples of what happens when your tires are heat cycled out, then my best lap from that weekend (new rear tires), and finally with clips of other interesting events during that weekend from some of my buddies.

Old 12-31-2014, 02:28 PM
Teamspeed Member
Playing with YouTube GIF creators. This is a pic from the video above.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:15 PM
Teamspeed Member
In my opinion this video is exciting but more so because it is humorous than adrenalin pumping.

Although it appears that the video is playing in fast forward the driver is performing ultra-fast wheel work! I am convinced it actually contributed to the almost spin vs preventing it. No one was hurt, it was a learning experience for him, and I thought it was entertaining to watch so here you go! Video was taken at Texas World Speedway (TWS).

Last edited by Eric_H; 04-20-2015 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:29 PM
Teamspeed Member
Belated happy 2015!

As I try to do in each of my videos - each lap is followed by clips of other interesting antics with some of my buddies that I hope are interesting to those those watching that are not technically interested in the laps.

It begins with a best lap at that track configuration (1.7CW and 1.7CCW), then is followed by the interesting antics from that weekend.

In the beginning of the 2nd lap shown I apparently started driving kinda "hot". During the 2nd half of the lap I drove a tighter line. This lap in full resulted in an example that driving the car at the limit (NOT toooo much OVER the limit! )is faster than driving the car on the perfect line.

This video contains the best lap from each of two weekends at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, TX (MSR-C) on the 1.7 mile config, in both directions.

The rest of my Lotus Exige(and other) videos can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZMx07yh3v1_Oi0b0_7weoA

Old 12-21-2015, 03:48 AM
Teamspeed Member
Happy almost 2016 everyone! I have compiled the second installment of ISpinUWin:

The Motherload of Spin - ISpinUWin #2

Old 04-23-2016, 12:55 PM
Teamspeed Member
My first trip to Hallett in Jennings, Oklahoma. I only got one day but I learned enough to know that I REALLY like this track. I can't wait to return!

Hallett Motor Racing Circuit - 1.8CCW - Lotus Exige

This was my FIRST trip to this track.

This is video of my best lap then keep watching for my first Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 track sighting and some pics from the trip.

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Exciting ride in a supercharged Lotus Exige on track!