Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

CAR Flogs The New Vanquish Around North Wales

Old 11-30-2012, 10:36 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow CAR Flogs The New Vanquish Around North Wales

Name:  aston_sideways_o.jpg
Views: 1618
Size:  72.8 KB

CAR Flogs The New Vanquish Around North Wales

CAR Magazine's Ben Barry takes to the taxing roads of North Wales in the all-new Aston Martin Vanquish, and delights us with a symphony of erotic sounds from the new GT. The now killed off DBS was a simply fantastic bit of kit, so is the new Vanquish worthy of the range-topper title?

The Vanquish uses the latest evolution of the VH architecture and the 6.0-litre V12 has never sounded so good, but when the carbon-bodied Aston gets to the top end of its range its not as satisfying as it could be notes Barry, and for the extra 50 grand he would opt for the Ferrari f12 Berlinetta if given the choice. We'd tend to agree with him but with an exhaust note like the one heard in the video below perhaps we can cut this blue bomber a bit of slack, it's that intoxicating.

He goes on to say there is room for something more focused, something more special, which leads us to ask the question does Aston have an "S" model in the plans, perhaps but we'll just have to wait and see.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
KENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond repute
Stunning looks and incredible sound, a perfect combination.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:46 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
I have no love for aston, but that thing sounds great

Old 12-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JLMIAMI is an unknown quantity at this point
cannot stand this guy! you cannot even compare this to a Ferrari! I really wish they had someone behind the wheel who was truly enthusiastic about the beauty, essence, sex appeal, and soul of this car.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
The f12 is the new benchmark so it is only natural that this would be compared to it (and beaten by it). Stunning sound and very nice exterior. Not too sure about the alligator style leather on the seats. The middle console also looks very nice now.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enough
astons are always such elegant looking cars, and this is no exception. it sounds great as well..

Old 12-01-2012, 12:38 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I think he did a good review personally, it's not so far fetched to compare it to the GT attributes of the f12 but of course the f12's power and performance will blow away the Vanquish. That being said I think the Vanquish is stunning, I would just opt for the smooth leather seats, not the alligator style.

Love this combo!

Old 12-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enough
^ beautiful combo.

I agree, the F12 and Vanquish are very similar cars for what 99% buyers will use them 99% of the time. It is only when the cars get pushed that the Aston will be left in the shadows.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Astons are clearly for people who have no intention of driving quickly. Look at the steering wheel: the sides are flat and the bottom is curved? Good job, Aston.

Oh, and the power seat controls are right where your knee sits next to center console.

I'm sorry, I think the exterior is beautiful, but I prefer a Ferrari or Porsche because the looks are backed by functionality. Design with no function is no design at all.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Teamspeed Member
SpeedRob is on a distinguished roadSpeedRob is on a distinguished road
I do have to agree that steering wheel is a little odd.