Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Had an exclusive play in the F-Type yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 08:04 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Tim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond repute
Had an exclusive play in the F-Type yesterday...

I was lucky enough to go to an exclusive preview of the new F-Type Jag yesterday with What Car magazine, and i'm now more in love with it than I was before. Wow.

Add in the fancy lunch with Ian Callum (a personal hero of mine) and the Engineering director and I was on Cloud 9. Here are some pics:

Name:  Dsc_0969_zps5d800317.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  242.9 KB
Name:  Dsc_0972_zps9161c574.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  246.0 KB
Name:  Dsc_0975_zps01835555.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  203.6 KB
Name:  Dsc_0976_zps58134cb2.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  285.0 KB
Name:  Dsc_0979_zpsa770f81a.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  247.7 KB
Name:  Dsc_0985_zps6e121a02.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  252.3 KB
Name:  Dsc_0986_zpse08ce242.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  290.9 KB

There are some truly lovely little details on it, like the door handles that pop out when you unlock, revealing the etched Jag logo.

Also, on the inside, there is a vent panel that is above the satnav and the panel with 'S' on it in the image above. This raises and lowers as required for the AC, so when not in use there is a lower dash line.

The switchgear feels really nice to the touch, the auto gearlever has a great action to it as well. You can tell that they've really pored over every tiny detail on this car.

Mike Cross's favourite model is the V6S, apparently it's a touch lighter and a bit more feral in character than the V8S. Ian Callum has bought one himself, a V8 on 20" wheels. And there will be a manual offered on all engines, probably coinciding with the launch of the Coupe (Callum's favourite, he'll order one of those when released to replace his Convertible).

The chief engineer reckons you really won't notice the weight, and it's got the ride, even on 20's, of an XF when in Comfort. But it tightens up massively in the Dynamic modes.

They're effectively creating their own market for the F-Type. It's 100mm shorter than a 911, but has a 130mm longer wheelbase, and is 110mm wider. The cabin in very spacious and it has a large boot, so bar the rear seats it's as capacious as a 911, but it's cheaper. Very strange, but they've got modest sales hopes at first.

Add in the fact that I got a Ltd Ed 50yrs of the E-Type coffee table book signed by Callum, and I was one happy chap!

Old 01-30-2013, 08:22 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
NotNormal is an unknown quantity at this point
No space on the front for a licence plate I see.

Where and how is that going to fit once out the glitzy showroom

Old 01-30-2013, 08:35 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Tim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond reputeTim@ecurie25 has a reputation beyond repute
What, you mean apart from on the big bar running across the grille?

Old 01-30-2013, 08:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Terraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura about
I think the F type is a stunning car

Old 01-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Woahhhh thats nice!

Old 01-31-2013, 01:24 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Just had an email offering an early drive, the week before Journo's get to drive it. Embargo on thoughts/comments being posted anywhere online, but can't wait to get behind the wheel and see what it's like...

Old 02-01-2013, 07:00 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Fable is on a distinguished roadFable is on a distinguished road
What a wonderful car

Old 02-01-2013, 07:35 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Its the modern Etype jaguar.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
S.M.I. is an unknown quantity at this point
As I think, he have something from Astons at his desing

Old 02-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura about
This is such a fantastic little car.

Quick Reply: Had an exclusive play in the F-Type yesterday...