Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

V12 Vantage Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Teamspeed Member
nyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of light
V12 Vantage Feedback

I am considering a V12 Vantage and curious if there is anything owners dont like about these cars. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Old 10-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't driven one but they look and sound amazing. Just be careful with the front lip. It's easy to snag on things and pricey to replace.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I haven't driven one but they look and sound amazing. Just be careful with the front lip. It's easy to snag on things and pricey to replace.
There is a brush protector that extends below the carbon lip. I have heard the scrapping sound once or twice and didn't see any damage. It dawned on me that the metal guard will almost always get in the way of any damaging event.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jaymoney
There is a brush protector that extends below the carbon lip. I have heard the scrapping sound once or twice and didn't see any damage. It dawned on me that the metal guard will almost always get in the way of any damaging event.
This is what I was talking about:

The owner snagged it on the lip of his driveway that morning.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:27 AM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
They're great cars, but for my money I'd get a V8 Vantage and add boost. Same power with less weight and considerably less cost.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:22 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Ask Mike S. - he's got one.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:42 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Spenser dont do it the thrill of the sound will wear off and you are left with an entry level Aston which from personal experience with my partners V8 is a real POS.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Teamspeed Member
nyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Marc
Spenser dont do it the thrill of the sound will wear off and you are left with an entry level Aston which from personal experience with my partners V8 is a real POS.
Very interesting feedback. That is my concern 200k is quite a bit for a vantage, I know a really really nice vantage compared to the v8 but still their entry level car. Most owners do seem to rave about them though.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
They are nice cars, but they do have a very hand built feel to it. It's good, but not as precise as say, a german counter part. Even Ferrari is feeling rather "german" these days in terms of finish.

The clutch is quite strange, it has a very distant feel to it. It does take quite a bit of getting used to.

However, it's still one of those cars which you really enjoy due to it's uniqueness.

It is quite a handful with the short wheelbase and all that power though

Quick Reply: V12 Vantage Feedback