Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

2012 SLS transmission software ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 09:18 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Bisan is on a distinguished roadBisan is on a distinguished roadBisan is on a distinguished road
2012 SLS transmission software ???

I dont care about the extra horsepower, but quite frankly I hate the software in our 2012 AMG SLS, I drove a 2013 SLS GT and WOOOOOOW the transmission is superb. Spoke to the main tech that only works on SLS & SLR vehicles and he said they already checked and both transmissions hardware wise are indentical.

I tried search but failed, is there anyone out there can put the new software in my old dog 2012 SLS, I'd really like to do something about how lame the current habits of the tranny are.

Any info fellas?

Old 02-28-2013, 10:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura about
I too hate the tranny software. In M with everything turned off it wont let you upshift early ever just driving around town it wont go into 5th 6th or 7th when it easily can and does in auto. I don't know of any tranny tunes at the moment. The c63amg doesn't have this problem of not listening which is strange why the sls does.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:51 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Al12183 is infamous around these partsAl12183 is infamous around these partsAl12183 is infamous around these partsAl12183 is infamous around these partsAl12183 is infamous around these parts
I am also interested to know if this is available to my 2011 sls? Thank you in advance to anybody who could help clarify!

Old 03-01-2013, 06:07 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Al12183 is infamous around these partsAl12183 is infamous around these partsAl12183 is infamous around these partsAl12183 is infamous around these partsAl12183 is infamous around these parts
Talking

P.S. I don't see why not since its just basically a software update. I do hope mercedes will treat their customers as well as mclaren did with their mp4-12c when their my12 or 13 received engine power bump. My buddy has one and he received the upgrade for free after he bought the car for a year! PLSS mercedes don't disappoint us as we love this cars!!

Check the link below for Mercedes-benz Reps and SLS owners-

McLaren offers MP4-12C owners 25HP power upgrade for free

Mrcedes launches SLS AMG GT model - MBWorld.org Forums

Old 03-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Bisan is on a distinguished roadBisan is on a distinguished roadBisan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Al12183
P.S. I don't see why not since its just basically a software update. I do hope mercedes will treat their customers as well as mclaren did with their mp4-12c when their my12 or 13 received engine power bump. My buddy has one and he received the upgrade for free after he bought the car for a year! PLSS mercedes don't disappoint us as we love this cars!!

Check the link below for Mercedes-benz Reps and SLS owners-

McLaren offers MP4-12C owners 25HP power upgrade for free

Mrcedes launches SLS AMG GT model - MBWorld.org Forums

Spoke to two different buddies at dealers. Was told they are being heavily pressured. But nothing yet.

Spoke to renntech in the past regarding using my car as a guinea pig, I emailed them about this again with no response yet.

This would awesome if it happens, I might park the racecar and take this thing out in the future. Fingers CROSSSED!

Old 03-05-2013, 04:20 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
c63_amg_black _series is an unknown quantity at this point
This is from a uk sls owner.

With the imminent release of the new SLS GT, which has ride control suspension, a few extra BHP and, most importantly, revised gearbox software to rid the car of it's one dynamic flaw (a super-fast gearchange spoilt by lethargic electronics), I really wanted AMG to offer the 'box upgrades to owners of the lowly standard SLS. It's the same 'box as in the Ferrari 458 but it's well documented how Mercs electronic programming creates a noticeable lag, for whatever reason. It's also been well documented in recent road tests of the GT that they have now 100% fixed the issue and I fully expected a request to have the new software in my car politely declined (after all, they would want me to buy the GT wouldn't they?).

So, surprise number two of the day was that they will fit the new software to my car Also, they would do this for little more than the cost of an aftermarket remap so, price-wise, it's extremely reasonable. All I have to do is take the car to them as a dealer could not do this (it requires a new ECU and updating of Mercedes systems to ensure that it forms part of the official specification of the car for future updates).

Old 03-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by c63_amg_black _series
This is from a uk sls owner.

With the imminent release of the new SLS GT, which has ride control suspension, a few extra BHP and, most importantly, revised gearbox software to rid the car of it's one dynamic flaw (a super-fast gearchange spoilt by lethargic electronics), I really wanted AMG to offer the 'box upgrades to owners of the lowly standard SLS. It's the same 'box as in the Ferrari 458 but it's well documented how Mercs electronic programming creates a noticeable lag, for whatever reason. It's also been well documented in recent road tests of the GT that they have now 100% fixed the issue and I fully expected a request to have the new software in my car politely declined (after all, they would want me to buy the GT wouldn't they?).

So, surprise number two of the day was that they will fit the new software to my car Also, they would do this for little more than the cost of an aftermarket remap so, price-wise, it's extremely reasonable. All I have to do is take the car to them as a dealer could not do this (it requires a new ECU and updating of Mercedes systems to ensure that it forms part of the official specification of the car for future updates).
Thanks for the info!! I sure hope this will be available for US customers too.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Bisan
Spoke to two different buddies at dealers. Was told they are being heavily pressured. But nothing yet.

Spoke to renntech in the past regarding using my car as a guinea pig, I emailed them about this again with no response yet.

This would awesome if it happens, I might park the racecar and take this thing out in the future. Fingers CROSSSED!
Wow, talk about being in love with this car! you must really like the transmission software update judging by your experience. I never really tried the SLS GT, so I am not sure how big of an improvement will that be over the normal sls. PLease shed some light on your experience with the new gearbox?

thanks

Old 03-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Question

Bump!!

Is there any update regarding this information?

Any information will be much appreaciated!

Old 03-20-2013, 11:43 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
I got nothing. So far Mercedes told me NO! Very sad.

Quick Reply: 2012 SLS transmission software ???