Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

2012 SLS transmission software ???

Old 04-14-2013, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
cturbos is an unknown quantity at this point
So,did the uk sls owner get his TCU updated?
thank you

Old 04-15-2013, 06:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Hav you contacted WIESTEC? I Would get in touch with them. They know what their doing

Old 04-15-2013, 07:55 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
cturbos is an unknown quantity at this point
Iknow wiestec great company,i was wondering if the guy in UK went to AMG GERMANY or not.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Teamspeed Member
LBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond repute
If you want to get into the conversation and you are a member of the AMG Private Lounge, you can do so here:

AMG Private Lounge

There is actually a software update that seems to resolve some of these issues.....

The AMG Private Lounge is a great resource for AMG owners.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Bisan is on a distinguished roadBisan is on a distinguished roadBisan is on a distinguished road
Small update! So I traded my 12' SLS in for a 13' SLS GT. Holy hell this is how the car should have been released. It is 10x more fun to drive.

If it is in your means, I would trade up!!

Old 06-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Nice!
Post pictures!

Old 07-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Bisan is on a distinguished roadBisan is on a distinguished roadBisan is on a distinguished road
Here ya go...

Last edited by Bisan; 07-03-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:25 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
dealmaker is a name known to alldealmaker is a name known to alldealmaker is a name known to alldealmaker is a name known to alldealmaker is a name known to alldealmaker is a name known to alldealmaker is a name known to alldealmaker is a name known to alldealmaker is a name known to alldealmaker is a name known to alldealmaker is a name known to all
Anyone ever get a solution in getting GT software put onto their SLS's??

Old 04-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
vcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura about
My 2011 SLS has just gotten the software update to get the transmission to be as responsive as the SLS GT. It took some wheeling and dealing but they did it for me.

I am picking up the car today, so i'll let you know the exact differences.
I found this on the AMG PRIVATE LOUNGE and this is what i told my technician.

Greetings all,

Here is the information about the technical document which allows for your DCT software to be updated if you have complaints about shift quality or engagement when moving from a stop on 2011-2012 SLS AMG Coupe/Roadster.

As all technical documents are subject to revision as needed, I cannot post the actual document here. However the document lives in the dealer technical system called TIPS and it will always keep the same document number if it is revised...

That said, here are the details which should be all of the info that you (and the dealer) need:

TIPS Document: LI27.60-P-051188
Coverage: 197.377 & 197.477
Subject: - Procedure in case of complaints regarding shift quality and start-off behavior -

The procedure will:
- have the technician document your complaint (shift quality, etc)...
- they will download some packets of data from the transmission controller...
- they will then see if there is newer DCT software applicable to your vehicle (keep in mind that your vehicle might be already at the most optimized software)...
- if there is new software, it will be loaded into vehicle and configured (via SCN Coding)
- procedure is then complete

Old 04-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
vcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura about
In reply to my last post.

I drove the car today for the first time since the software update and all i can say is WOWWW

Feels like a completely different car! Couldn't be happier with the results!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 SLS transmission software ???