Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

Need Mac software to emulate IE 8 & 9

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
Need Mac software to emulate IE 8 & 9

i quit microsoft a couple years ago and now im in need of a bridge of sorts.

i have a software that is only supported in IE 8 and 9. does anyone have experience with any available option? google throws a ton of stuff at me, but it doesnt appear to be supported by microsoft.... i need updates and the such...

help a brotha' out!

Old 11-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have a program such as Parallels or VMware Fusion? Might be overkill, but you could then run a Windows operating system on your Mac & then run IE8/9/10 without any issues.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
i am unfamiliar with the software you mentioned, its a billing software i have at work that i need access to at home.

i can simply install a windows system? if so, which one?

Old 11-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, if you run Parallels or Fusion you can run any Windows operating system on your Mac.

Go to these links for more info, see what you think:

http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/

VMware Fusion: Run Windows on Mac, Virtualization for Mac Lion

Old 11-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
moabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond repute
I've used Parallels for about four years for the same reason - work software that's Windows exclusive. It's fairly seamless.

IMO the only way to go is to run it open as a program in its own window. I've heard of some folks doing the whole shutdown the Mac side and restart as Windows - blah.

However, if I understand your OP correctly, your Windows exclusive item is web based. In that case you could try Chrome. I use it exclusively for the web unless I'm testing something across browsers.

Chrome also has IE emulation extensions. I tried one the other day for a CCTV viewer and it didn't exactly work as expected but worth a try for your needs before going the whole Parallels route.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Redlined has a reputation beyond reputeRedlined has a reputation beyond reputeRedlined has a reputation beyond reputeRedlined has a reputation beyond reputeRedlined has a reputation beyond reputeRedlined has a reputation beyond reputeRedlined has a reputation beyond reputeRedlined has a reputation beyond reputeRedlined has a reputation beyond reputeRedlined has a reputation beyond reputeRedlined has a reputation beyond repute
Parallels fits our need for doze programs on our macs.
Would an RDC connection (remote desktop) from MS work?

Old 12-09-2012, 11:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'll also offer my support for Parallels. I have the exact same dilemma with my work software, so i can attest that it's a great solution.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
propr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond repute
what do you need IE for exclusively?

Does it not work in other browsers, or does the software just not let you use other browsers (I.E. [awful pun], something is broken, or does it say "this browser is not supported?")

If the latter, get firefox/mozilla/chrome (chrome needs extension) and set it to spoof the browserid to IEv8 or whatev.

Edit:just saw another user already posted this!

Last edited by propr`one; 02-13-2013 at 09:01 PM.