Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Officially Official: The New Porsche 911 Carrera - Information and Picture Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 11:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
I love the changes, I think it looks even better than the 997. I agree with the debadging idea, it would look cleaner without all the rear lettering.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:51 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
The thing I love about TS is that this is old news. .

But after looking at some of the newer pictures I am liking it even more and more. I think it's pretty awesome and once it is seen and person and people start getting behind the wheel of one they will fall in love all over again.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Here are some PDFs full of new images.

Options list:
http://www.porsche-stuttgart.de/port...Preisliste.pdf

Catalog:
http://www.porsche-stuttgart.de/port...911Katalog.pdf

If you look deep into the first PDF, you can see which wheels correspond to each model, and there are some new Sport Techno wheels that haven't been seen yet!

Also there is a screenshot of the new car Configurator, but it hasn't been launched yet.

Last edited by Carrera; 08-23-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
So the base price price went up almost $7K!!!?

Old 08-23-2011, 02:22 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
More pics!

Old 08-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Carrera
Here are some PDFs full of new images.

Options list:
http://www.porsche-stuttgart.de/port...Preisliste.pdf

Catalog:
http://www.porsche-stuttgart.de/port...911Katalog.pdf

If you look deep into the first PDF, you can see which wheels correspond to each model, and there are some new Sport Techno wheels that haven't been seen yet!

Also there is a screenshot of the new car Configurator, but it hasn't been launched yet.
WOW!!! Great find. I see a couple of new colors that look great (Anthracite Metallic), and some that are questionable (Cognac - is this that crap brown that we saw the video of a few weeks ago?). I also like the Agate & Flint Gray (achatgrau und kieselgrau) interior option. I think one of the spy photos showed this from a distance with the 'white' interior.

But the best pic is the Porsche Exclusive one of the Red 911 with the Black Carrera S wheels and blacked out headlamps.

I wanna see a WB car!!!

I keep telling myself that I prefer my GTS...over and over. I think it will take a WB or Targa to pull me over the fence.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks DJ for more images! In the latest set Porsche is bringing the whole thing looks kind of "off" but that's just because of Porsche's annoying computer enhancements. In the real life images it looks fantastic.

Originally Posted by dallascajun
WOW!!! Great find. I see a couple of new colors that look great (Anthracite Metallic), and some that are questionable (Cognac - is this that crap brown that we saw the video of a few weeks ago?). I also like the Agate & Flint Gray (achatgrau und kieselgrau) interior option. I think one of the spy photos showed this from a distance with the 'white' interior.

But the best pic is the Porsche Exclusive one of the Red 911 with the Black Carrera S wheels and blacked out headlamps.

I wanna see a WB car!!!

I keep telling myself that I prefer my GTS...over and over. I think it will take a WB or Targa to pull me over the fence.
Totally agree! The new colours are great. I'm just upset they replaced Cocoa with ugly Espresso.

But no big deal, everything else is great! I'd definitely check the box for the blacked out headlights, and the model designation "911".

Last edited by Carrera; 08-23-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:47 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Interior shots thanks to rick@suncoast, note the 7 speed manual

Old 08-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
sk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond repute
I just saw this on the official US site. I hope this is not a repost.

Porsche AG - Press releases - About Porsche - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG

Attached Images  
Old 08-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by sk8boy
I just saw this on the official US site. I hope this is not a repost.

Porsche AG - Press releases - About Porsche - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG

Did you check the first page?...

That's the topic of the thread!

Quick Reply: Officially Official: The New Porsche 911 Carrera - Information and Picture Thread!