Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Lock/Unlock

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Teamspeed Member
RugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Lock/Unlock

If I...

1. Lock my car with the key fob, it'll do the blink/flash. Life is good.

2. Lock my car with the key fob and a door open, trunk open, etc, it'll give a little note with the horn. Only time I do this is when it's on a battery tender during the bad weather.

3. Lock my car with the key fob, don't open it for a week or so+ (it's not my daily driver), it sometimes does not respond to the fob at all and I must open with the key...turning the wrong way in the door will set off the alarm as my neighbors watch me curse my car while it deafens me in my garage.

What would cause #3 to happen occasionally? The key fob has enough battery, so does the car and it's well within range. Everything else is fine.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
#3 Happens because the key fob goes into a "sleep" mode. Happens all the time after not driving the car for about a week or so.

The fob then needs to be reprogrammed by inserting the key into the lock on the door and turning the key while pressing down the one of the key fob buttons (cant remember if its lock or unlock).

Anyways, this is normal.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Teamspeed Member
RugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent. I wasn't sure what the story was and hoped it wasn't anything serious. Thanks so much for clearing it up!

Old 02-21-2011, 05:50 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
DGN C4S is an unknown quantity at this point
It is also detailed in the car's manual.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Teamspeed Member
Thanks, DGN. I've only had it since December (and it's my first one) so I'm still learning the little things.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Close:

The key fob doesnt go to sleep; the car does. Instead of placing the key in the drivers side door; simply lift up on the drivers side handle. This wakes up the car and BLAM-O! Car will react to the fob.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Member
Awesome, Thanks Chris. I'm having the IMS/RMS, etc service done now and will give that a whirl once I get it back.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Anytime my friend. Welcome to Teamspeed!

Old 02-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Teamspeed Member
Thanks! BTW, I grew up in Westlake and have wandered through your dealership with my dad once or twice. You run a class act business. Also, I have a friend with a black turbo who's had work done at Porsche of N.O. and speaks very highly of your service dept as well. Just thought you'd like my 0.02.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Close:

The key fob doesnt go to sleep; the car does. Instead of placing the key in the drivers side door; simply lift up on the drivers side handle. This wakes up the car and BLAM-O! Car will react to the fob.
This.

I travel a lot for work and couldn't figure out WTF when my fobs stopped working when I got home. Amazing the things you can discover in the owner's manual!

I think most of us 997 owners are guilty of that. The worst part is that it confirms you haven't driven your Porsche in a while!

Quick Reply: Lock/Unlock