Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Who says you need a Porsche PIWIS tester to dyno a 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Former Sponsor
Fabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Who says you need a Porsche PIWIS tester to dyno a 997.2

My crazy friend Alex @ Sharkwerks just confirmed today that you do not need a factory Porsche diagnostic tool to dyno a new 997.2!! Thanks for making my day buddy I was LMFAO all day.
This is what Sharkwerks and Fabspeed think about using the factory PIWIS tester on the dyno!!
Alex, did you have the propietary xqj51 module hooked up when you were dynoing that thing???

Attached Images   
Old 02-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
LOL too funny, we did around 50 plus runs yesterday alone and I think at that point a lot of carbon monoxide was in my system

Sure it's a very useful tool for reseting codes and diagnosing issues but it's not like you can data log with it properly. For 17K you get the pleasure of a nice mount to the wheel as well and it runs Windows XP (wish it was Linux):

Not sure why some folks make such a big deal about needing/owning a PIWIS because what you really need in order to communicate, extrapolate, upload/edit and download for tuning is these tools:

Wasn't going to post this yet but I'll let the cat out of the bag since we had a really useful day's tuning on the 997.2 PDK car yesterday.

PS For those of you that get the car in limp mode on the dyno (tranny/ABS/PSM related) the PIWIS will come in handy Otherwise for folks wanting to simply dyno their car don't worry about "owning" a PIWIS.

Last edited by sharky; 02-13-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Geebus! $17K is really pricey! OTC makes some great universal scan tools with adapters for damn near every vehicle out there! Plus, their top of the line Genysis model only costs around $4500.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Geebus! $17K is really pricey! OTC makes some great universal scan tools with adapters for damn near every vehicle out there! Plus, their top of the line Genysis model only costs around $4500.
Not to mention the 8K in software updates all the time:P

Old 02-13-2009, 08:26 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Nice find bubba!

Old 02-13-2009, 08:30 PM
Former Sponsor
Fabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sharky
LOL too funny, we did around 50 plus runs yesterday alone and I think at that point a lot of carbon monoxide was in my system

Sure it's a very useful tool for reseting codes and diagnosing issues but it's not like you can data log with it properly. For 17K you get the pleasure of a nice mount to the wheel as well and it runs Windows XP (wish it was Linux):

Not sure why some folks make such a big deal about needing/owning a PIWIS because what you really need in order to communicate, extrapolate, upload/edit and download for tuning is these tools:

Wasn't going to post this yet but I'll let the cat out of the bag since we had a really useful day's tuning on the 997.2 PDK car yesterday.

PS For those of you that get the car in limp mode on the dyno (tranny/ABS/PSM related) the PIWIS will come in handy Otherwise for folks wanting to simply dyno their car don't worry about "owning" a PIWIS.
Did you have a properly trained and skilled operator running that mustang dyno

Old 02-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Misha911 has a brilliant futureMisha911 has a brilliant futureMisha911 has a brilliant futureMisha911 has a brilliant futureMisha911 has a brilliant futureMisha911 has a brilliant futureMisha911 has a brilliant futureMisha911 has a brilliant futureMisha911 has a brilliant futureMisha911 has a brilliant futureMisha911 has a brilliant future
heheh

Old 02-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Former Sponsor
sorry guys the pix were broken and I reposted them This is a first for you TS'ers...