Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

World's Greatest Drag Race 4!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Arrow World's Greatest Drag Race 4!

Name:  drag4.jpg
Views: 1155
Size:  52.7 KB

World's Greatest Drag Race 4

Motor Trend Magazine's World's Greatest Drag Race returns with 10 of the best supercars and sports cars from around the globe, facing off in an epic quarter-mile sprint for glory... and ultimate bragging rights! This year's field includes all 10 contenders from Motor Trend's 2014 Best Driver's Car Powered by Mobil 1.

As noted by the video description, "We have the Alfa Romeo 4C, BMW i8, BMW M4, Chevrolet Camaro Z/28, Ford Fiesta ST, Jaguar F-Type R Coupe, Nissan GT-R Nismo, Porsche 911 Turbo S, Subaru WRX STI & Volkswagen Golf GTI -- all gathered together on an abandoned airstrip at El Toro Marine Base to find out which car is the fastest. Obviously these 10 competitors display a wide range of power and performance, so why do we continue lining them up for one, over-the-top drag race?... Because We Can!

World's Greatest Drag Race 4 concludes our special 2014 Best Driver's Car Week here on the Motor Trend Channel. We hope you've enjoyed all of this week's videos and we look forward to rolling out an all-new batch of amazing cars and amazing videos for you next year for Motor Trend's 2015 Best Driver's Car!"

Old 09-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Highly enjoy the nissan coming second. Also enjoy the camaro and i8 being pretty much equivalent.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:12 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome. Hope you don't mind me sprucing up the post a tad and adding to the homepage!

Old 09-27-2014, 01:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Terraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura about
The Turbo S is just too good

Old 09-27-2014, 09:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Turbo S is best choice for drag race, but I don't understand why they didn't get the GT3 for "best drivers car" challenge. I haven't seen the 1 hour video yet so I don't know if they've proclaimed the turbo s to be the best anyways, but the question wouldn't change for me.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:08 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by DJ
Awesome. Hope you don't mind me sprucing up the post a tad and adding to the homepage!
Not at all. You did a good job

Originally Posted by D.Liu
Turbo S is best choice for drag race, but I don't understand why they didn't get the GT3 for "best drivers car" challenge. I haven't seen the 1 hour video yet so I don't know if they've proclaimed the turbo s to be the best anyways, but the question wouldn't change for me.
GT3 wasn't available at that time. Same for Speciale/650/Z06.

Old 09-28-2014, 01:01 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
No surprises with the 911 Turbo. Its on another level. I wish they would have gotten a Stingray Z51. Its (GM reported) performance specs are not coming in near as good as they claim. A drag race may have been eye opening and perhaps a bit embarrassing to the new Corvette.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:46 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Cartel...893 is an unknown quantity at this point
A Ford Fiesta ST? Really? This was the lamest "Greatest Dragrace" Episode of all time. Missed so many exciting cars.

And the BMW i8 is just a shame of a car. I wonder which idiot spends +100k on this tuned prius.